Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

I have managed to come up with a temporary partial fix while we wait for Bethesda to fix it properly (or some super smart modder to fix it).
In your Fallout4.ini under Documents/my games/Fallout 4
Add the following line under [Controls]
fLThumbDeadzone=0.9000
This will increase the deadzone on the left stick and make the area where slow movement is possible very small. Meaning you can essentially only run, but you will almost never hit the spot that causes the freeze. It can still happen, but unless you are trying to do it by being really slow and gentle it's unlikely. Unfortunately it makes playing with Stealth much harder :sad:
This has made the game playable in third person for me, until they hopefully patch it or a real fix can be found.

As far as I understood the problem it's not about the slow movement though.

When simply rotating the character without walking at all it also happens.

Has to do with the aim animation or something.

If the character does the transition to aim and back the camera stops for a moment.

That's how I understood it anyways.

Unless you are talking about a different bug then no, this is not what happens. It happens at the moment you begin to move when moving slowly, there seems to be a specific spot in the transition from being still animation that causes it, because the slower you move the longer the freeze lasts. And if you push the stick fast the freeze does not happen at all (or is so small as to be unnoticeable).

This can be seen in the video I made (not the bug is demonstrated after the 13 second point). Ever time my reticle stops I am still holding the right stick. Further details on the YouTube description -

The ini edit I posted actually makes that not so sweet spot so small as to be very difficult to hit. I have still been able to reproduce after this ini edit, but it is actually hard to do and you really have to be trying, as opposed to it happening all the time with the default settings.

Edited by parabolee

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had two instances of truly heartbreaking bug. Two times my best weapon has completely disappeared from my inventory. Both instances were right after upgrading the item at a work station. This isn't the temporarily invisible weapon bug. These items were completely removed from my inventory! Horrible! I'm aftraid to use workstations now.

I've had two instances of truly heartbreaking bug. Two times my best weapon has completely disappeared from my inventory. Both instances were right after upgrading the item at a work station. This isn't the temporarily invisible weapon bug. These items were completely removed from my inventory! Horrible! I'm aftraid to use workstations now.

That blows.

Oh yeah. I also have terrible shadow stripping problems outdoors. Even worse than Skyrim. It was a bummer to see that again.

I listed both.

Unless you are talking about a different bug then no, this is not what happens. It happens at the moment you begin to move when moving slowly, there seems to be a specific spot in the transition from being still animation that causes it, because the slower you move the longer the freeze lasts. And if you push the stick fast the freeze does not happen at all (or is so small as to be unnoticeable).

I linked your original post about the ini setting.

Edited by Grasmann

Finally finished that quest:

8. The Lost Patrol

Under certain circumstances it's not possible to finish the quest by talking to Paladin Danse.

Instead it can be finished by talking to Lancer Captain Kells.

But the quest marker and text still lead you to Danse.

Okay, I found another thing. I've been doing a lot of ranged stealth shots and I get the "2.5 stealth damage" bouns appearing in the corner of the screen. So, I decided to get the Ninja perk which adds additional stealth damage, but now, I'm still getting the same 2.5 stealth damage bonus I was getting before I had the Ninja perk. Something is off methinks...

Don't know if this is included yet:

Junk Items and other more-so random objects, like tables, are all randomly highlighted green as if they were selected in VATs or in workshop mode while exploring the general wasteland.

You can tag materials for search when using a workbench.

If you want to make a specific mod and you lack adhesive material press the button and it tags all items that contain adhesive mat for you.

When exploring the wasteland those items then are highlighted.

I think that's what's happening.

Okay, I found another thing. I've been doing a lot of ranged stealth shots and I get the "2.5 stealth damage" bouns appearing in the corner of the screen. So, I decided to get the Ninja perk which adds additional stealth damage, but now, I'm still getting the same 2.5 stealth damage bonus I was getting before I had the Ninja perk. Something is off methinks...

Haven't looked it up but maybe ninja perk is only for melee?

Edited by Grasmann

I found another bug regarding items modifications, that is worth mentioning! Its not as bad as when upgraded item disappears, but its almost as frustrating i assure you! Well...the thing is that sometimes, when you select to confirm specific upgrade (Its when windows with info on what materials will be used pop us before proceeding/confirming upgrade!), right after that it gives xp for upgrading gun as usual and it even says gun been upgraded, you hear typical sound, but the weapon reverts back to previous upgrade, that was installed, but the same time eats all of the components, that you used to install those upgrade, that got glitched! I'm not sure if its happening to apparel as well (Didn't experience the same with armor yet!), but its happening to weapons quite often in this game! The other bug from me is the one, when it takes too long before character draws weapon! (Like 2-6 seconds delay! Sometimes it reaches even 10!!), In this period you cannot do anything to attack your enemy! You can't switch back etc...You have to wait while weapons gets drawn before you can do anything at all! Imagine something like this happening, when you're in a middle of a heated shootout!