My general understanding of New Vegas Body mods

yolothedino

Alright, I'm not exactly a complete newbie to modding Fallout, but I guess compared to most people I'm still pretty much a novice.

Currently, I have no idea about the terminologies of FNV body mods that most popular body and clothing mods use. At most I have installed BEWARE OF GIRL Type 3 and Breeze Male Body replacers. The rest is something harder.

So the points I'm confused with are:

• What is Type 6? I found what looks like a body replacer (Type 6 Modification Body by Izumiko), but I can't understand the mod description. Do I need Type 3 for it? Which folders do I write over when installing?
  • How do I know that the Bnb Compatability skeleton mod is working? Or is it something that doesn't work by itself? Why do I need the BnB skeleton, and what do I need to use it with?
  • It is possible to use Bouncing Natural Breasts and Type 3/6 so I could just get the bouncing effect for the Type 3 and 6 bodies? Or is it mandatory to only use one of them?

I'm asking the last question because it is what stumped me the most. The Black Widow armor mod apparently has a version that requires BOTH Type 6 and BnB, but I can't find any instructions that get both of them to work together. The link provided in the Black Widow mod is broken, but I can't anyone who has the same problem in the comments.

I tried googling but either there are just no one having my problem or I'm using the wrong keywords all the time.

1. Type 6 is a modified Type 3. The Type 6 is slightly larger in the breast and thighs and a narrower waist. The mod does not include any body textures, so you would have to use another texture mod.

Since you are using the BOG textures, you don't need another.

2. The BnB Compatible skeleton is absolutely necessary if you are installing a BnB mod. The skeleton would be used with any mod that adds breast animations. The animations would only be visible on the nude body or clothing/armor that has had the animations added. It will have no effect on non-BnB clothing/armor. If you do not have the skeleton and add a BnB clothing/armor mod, the breasts would stretch in infinity.

3. If you use the BnB Skeleton, you will only see the animations with a mod that has bouncing breasts. It will not automatically make any other mod have the breast animations. The animations are part of the mesh only. You can use any texture mod over the BnB body. If you want the animations added to clothing/armor that is not part of the BnB mod, you would have to do it yourself. It's not that hard to do.

You don't have to have the BnB skeleton if you don't want the breast animations. You would just use the non-BnB file. And, there is nothing wrong with the links, other than they are too long.

I don't know why the author says you need the T6M Body mod. It has nothing to do with his. You still need to add a separate texture mod.

The Black Widow armor does look good in the game. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/images/41561/?

Edited by M48A5

1. Type 6 is a modified Type 3. The Type 6 is slightly larger in the breast and thighs and a narrower waist. The mod does not include any body textures, so you would have to use another texture mod.

Since you are using the BOG textures, you don't need another.

2. The BnB Compatible skeleton is absolutely necessary if you are installing a BnB mod. The skeleton would be used with any mod that adds breast animations. The animations would only be visible on the nude body or clothing/armor that has had the animations added. It will have no effect on non-BnB clothing/armor. If you do not have the skeleton and add a BnB clothing/armor mod, the breasts would stretch in infinity.

3. If you use the BnB Skeleton, you will only see the animations with a mod that has bouncing breasts. It will not automatically make any other mod have the breast animations. The animations are part of the mesh only. You can use any texture mod over the BnB body. If you want the animations added to clothing/armor that is not part of the BnB mod, you would have to do it yourself. It's not that hard to do.

You don't have to have the BnB skeleton if you don't want the breast animations. You would just use the non-BnB file. And, there is nothing wrong with the links, other than they are too long.

I don't know why the author says you need the T6M Body mod. It has nothing to do with his. You still need to add a separate texture mod.

The Black Widow armor does look good in the game. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/images/41561/?

Thanks for the clarification. Just one more question - what is the general path of progression for the installation of the Black Widow mod?

Thanks for the clarification. Just one more question - what is the general path of progression for the installation of the Black Widow mod?

Depending on which version you choose (BnB or non-BnB), you should install the body mod first. There are a quite a few body mods with breast animation, if you don't care for the very large breasted BnB version.

Just search "bouncing" in the mods section.

Next your chosen texture replacer. BOG HiRez HiDetail looks really good. Toggle "Archive Invalidation" in your mod manager. This should be done every time you make any changes to the texture files.

Install the Black Widow files of your choice.

Edited by M48A5