Weapons we want in Fallout 4

phantomshotgun

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't play a game set 200 or so years from now to shoot with old ak-47 and what not. I want plasma gatling and both laser and plasma cannon. Some sort of heavy type explosion stuff but with plasma. The laser version (in my mind) would be some type of constant beam laser. Click and drag type of weapon that only lasts for a second or two doing heavy damage. Other than that I do miss machine grenade launcher or whatever it was called in New Vegas. Explosive heavy weapon shooting some sort of small caliber explosives. Can be automatic, but doesn't have to be. And yes, I like heavy weapons as you can tell.

DocManhattan

the M79 grenade launcher, old school Vietnam era weapon, got phased out in our time line ages ago ;)

but fits perfectly with Fallout's "feel", and was a VERY fun/good weapon to use, much more portable and easy than a missile launcher, I used it a lot to cripple cazzadors and the like :)

DocManhattan

the M79 grenade launcher, old school Vietnam era weapon, got phased out in our time line ages ago :wink:

but fits perfectly with Fallout's "feel", and was a VERY fun/good weapon to use, much more portable and easy than a missile launcher, I used it a lot to cripple cazzadors and the like :smile:

Yes, yes, yes.

I must say, though I find the weapons (or lack thereof) in Fallout 4 a little disapointing, the opportunity for expanding on the stock weaponry looks to be a lot of fun. It seems to me that this may have been an intended design, Bethesda knew that no matter what they put in the game, modders would probably make something more fun and interesting. And since mods are coming to console too, instead they just created a cool mechanic for the way you can customise that weaponry. But I digress..

I would like to see:

- Light/Medium Machine Guns. A few variations of these to suit personal preference, I myself would like something similar to the RPK. In my opinion, the stock 'Assault Rifle' looks more like a LMG anyway.

- Anti-Material Rifles. I've seen it speculated that the Hunting Rifle .50 mod probably means that it changes the rifle to chamber Beowulf rounds, but I can think of no weapon better suited to making a Deathclaw's head explode than a true .50 cal. 'Overkill' is a term only prey use.

- A shotgun revolver. For players who like to play ranged, but need something suited to close up fighting that packs a punch without carrying around a full length shotgun.

- Triple barrel shotgun. Because why the hell not?

- Bass-Cannon. See above. :D

These are just a few and I agree with the previous suggestions made. I will be following this topic closely, hoping something comes from it.

EDIT: While we're at it, this has been posted elsewhere, but someone please make the Hunting Rifle bolt on the correct side? And make the .44 Revolver double-action. I understand that the Pipe Revolver would be single-action, it's home-made after all.. But the other one really shouldn't be.

EDIT 2: Also.. Should we be discussing things like types of ammunition and lore-friendly ways of implementing these new weapons? By ammunition I don't specifically mean the calibre of the rounds, we mustn't forget that this is a fictional universe and as such the calibres don't necessarilly have to reflect real life ones. Rather, I mean things such as hollow-points, incendiary, etc. Hell.. This is Fallout.. I'd love some depleted uranium bullets, no matter how unlikely that would be.. ^^

Edited by HamPstOr

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add to this list. I would like a variety of weapons. If they are already listed, I apologize. Here goes:

M-4, M-14, M-16, even an AR-15, and the ability to use drum magazines

AK series, could be called Chinese Assault rifles, and again, the ability to use drum magazines

Various grenade launchers, from the M-79 to MM-1's, even variations on the XM25

Automatic, AA-12 type, shotguns

Mini-gun caliber variations, as well as a backpack that can hold even more rounds for it

Various calibers of semi auto pistols, up to .50 caliber

More submachine guns, including the H&K MP-5 series, also in various calibers, and the P-90

Various sniper rifles, from single bolt action, to semi auto versions

I know it'd be a little out of place, but I'd love to see this weapon in Fallout 4.

https://youtu.be/RbxRKXKht3Y

The FG-42 is kind of a gorgeous weapon in my opinion.

Also, the Dragonov SVU and the Mateba revolver.

dragunov_svu_3d_model_fbx_obj_max__0e0bd

MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg

Also, Sig X6. Gorgeous gun.

https://youtu.be/jlNdR5SxLYY

And not really a new weapon, but a way to add more barrels on the double barrel would be fun.

Edited by Demonbane775