Weapons we want in Fallout 4

phantomshotgun

I miss the tribal weapons from New Vegas and would like to see throwing spears, throwing hatchets, war clubs, lead pipes, knife spears and combat knives. Heck I'd like to see a return of tribals in general.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Someone mentioned a Winchester pump action shotgun already, but what I want to see specifically is

• Trench gun/Winchester Model 1897

That's pretty much the only modded gun I'm dying to see in game. I don't even care if there are no pump animations or proper reload animations. I'd also prefer if it was a replacement for the combat shotgun, due to the mods that extend the range of that gun to feel more like a real shotgun, or if it was made standalone with stats similar to the IF-88 (an awesome shotgun). With the realistic range plus the option of slug ammunition thanks to the Loads of Ammo mod, the Trench gun would be the last gun I'd ever need in game.

Yeah I'm a bit obsessed with the Trench gun. Millenia's for FONV was beautiful, so I'm hoping him, or someone makes one for FO4 soon.

I would love to see an AUG or some type of bullpup rifle in fallout 4. The reload animation may be somewhat tricky, but i have faith that the modding community can work through this. One of my favorite weapon mods in FNV was the bullpup rifles.

Let me be the Governor in a post-apocalyptic world please.

I'd like to see something like the AE4 Rifle from CoD AW DLC.

I'd also love to see some proper old fashioned REAL hunting rifles! The type used (in the past of course) by gentlemen to hunt "Big Game". These would be of course family heirlooms, that would NOT be scratched and dirty, or patched with duct tape, but clean, oiled and polished.

Something like "Matilda" - Quatermain's prized hunting rifle from League of Extraordinary Gentleman Or any number of the other weapons on that page, such as the ones used by Nemo and his crew.

Or the gun used by James Bond near the end of Skyfall - An Anderson Wheeler 500 Nitro Express Double Rifle Read the description, and you'll see why this would be an awesome rifle to have in the wasteland. You could almost copy/paste that description into a loading screen!

Hm, the melee weapons could use some variation, too.

For example, chainsaws. Heavy, two handed, slow, but deal massive damage. Not sure if possible, but I would even have them use fuel or fusion cells. I imagine it like this: you click, the chainsaw starts and keep running as long as you keep it pressed, and then anything directly in your looking direction is damaged.

Or spears. Have an integrated knockback/stagger effect, since the poking action should also shove enemies away. An upgrade could be a hydraulic tip for even more knockback. Or, a mancatcher tip. Not sure if even remotely possible, but if used on a human, it has a chance to catch the enemy, so that you can drag him around and throw him off a cliff or something.

edit: and now some more exotic weapons:

- sawblade launcher. Though I'm almost sure there is a mod for that already

- bolas: thrown weapon, like a grenade. Makes enemies stagger and cripples legs.

- Lightbulb Launcher! That's actually something I dreamt once. In the dream, it was basically a Fat Man that would launch glowing lightbulbs. As an actual mod, it could be a Fat Man mod allright, but you have to craft the ammo from lightbulbs by filling them with chemicals. Would be basically a grenade launcher.

Edited by pra