Romance Nick Valentine

DarkFairy003

if you want me to, I can give my best shot at voicing, but if you're going to be doing this, a script might be a good thing to have. If you don't mind. :D also suggest if I should try to imitate the voice or try my own brand of nick.

Edited by Ekayne

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are amazing, BetteCorvega! It flows very nicely and it sounds great both audio and writing-wise. I'm really excited for how the mod is coming along so far. Anyway, as I've said before, I've got zero modding experience, but I should have access to my gaming PC with FO4 and FO4Edit on it, and I'm planning to take a look at the game files and start playing around with them. I've found some tutorials online, so I'm going to see how far I can get with modifying the dialogue tree and the Lover's Embrace perk and all that.

Thank you, kiddo95!! I'm glad you think it flows well now!

I'm really excited that you're going to get started on looking at the game files and trying to modify them! I've never really worked on a mod like this one before either, but let me know if there is any way I can help with that part! Right now I am still focused on finishing up all the audio, but once I am done with that I am happy to switch over to helping you figure out how to implement the rest of the mod!

if you want me to, I can give my best shot at voicing, but if you're going to be doing this, a script might be a good thing to have. If you don't mind. :D also suggest if I should try to imitate the voice or try my own brand of nick.

Appreciate the offer, Ekayne!

However (although I am not sure how everyone else feels about this, so hopefully people will pipe in if they disagree) at this point I think the spliced together in-game audio we have for this mod sounds good enough that it will be a lot less jarring than suddenly having a different voice for Nick in part of the game, so I would rather stick with what we've already got.

Of course, if you CAN do an extremely convincing impression of Nick then that might be a different matter. I did listen to your audio sample that you had linked to in another thread and I do think you might make a good Nick, for what it's worth - but trying to replicate his voice closely enough to not sound jarring seems like it would be really difficult.

Gods above, I came back and found treasures! BetteCorvega, you're a hero! I got happy tears in my eyes while listening to var.1 dialogues, and var.2 is even better <3

I'm still here if you'll need some co-op with geck ^_~

Gods above, I came back and found treasures! BetteCorvega, you're a hero! I got happy tears in my eyes while listening to var.1 dialogues, and var.2 is even better <3

That's a good point - should we wait for the geck to come out or should we just go ahead with fo4edit or some other tool like that? I'm cool with either, but if we're waiting for the geck to come out I can help with that too once it does, Lee5Lee!

That's a good point - should we wait for the geck to come out or should we just go ahead with fo4edit or some other tool like that? I'm cool with either, but if we're waiting for the geck to come out I can help with that too once it does, Lee5Lee!

I was burning with idea to make Nate companion for my 2nd character, and searched FO4Edit back and forth, but didn't managed to find dialogues in it. Maybe it's just me (I was really bad with FNVEdit too), and maybe this tool is not for dialogue edits...

owever (although I am not sure how everyone else feels about this, so hopefully people will pipe in if they disagree) at this point I think the spliced together in-game audio we have for this mod sounds good enough that it will be a lot less jarring than suddenly having a different voice for Nick in part of the game, so I would rather stick with what we've already got.

Of course, if you CAN do an extremely convincing impression of Nick then that might be a different matter. I did listen to your audio sample that you had linked to in another thread and I do think you might make a good Nick, for what it's worth - but trying to replicate his voice closely enough to not sound jarring seems like it would be really difficult.

I'm saying why not re-voice all his lines? It'd be a massive undertaking, but if I did this here, there could be any number of mods that decide to use an alternate nick. then anybody wanting to have nick say something specific about their mod could, by way of me.

I might be being crazy ambitious here, but this could be a good resume builder, and so long as the person voicing stays on board, they have a pretty wide "monopoly" on their product. and like some modders, could feasibly monetize by way of tips, meaning there'd be a reason for them to stay on board.

I personally would do it for S&G's at first, and maybe I'm dreaming too big. but I'm not familiar with file structures and the like, enough to know how to get a readout of all his lines. so I suppose that's my first step.

I'll look into a total voice replacement. see if I can come up with anything. and get back to you. If I do that, do you think you'll want me with you on this?

then again I could also be veritably insane for suggesting something like this.

Forum here to discuss this idea

Edited by Ekayne

OMG BetteCorvega, you're brilliant! There *needs* to be a Nick Valentine romance... and this sounds so good!

owever (although I am not sure how everyone else feels about this, so hopefully people will pipe in if they disagree) at this point I think the spliced together in-game audio we have for this mod sounds good enough that it will be a lot less jarring than suddenly having a different voice for Nick in part of the game, so I would rather stick with what we've already got.

I'm saying why not re-voice all his lines? It'd be a massive undertaking, but if I did this here, there could be any number of mods that decide to use an alternate nick. then anybody wanting to have nick say something specific about their mod could, by way of me.

I might be being crazy ambitious here, but this could be a good resume builder, and so long as the person voicing stays on board, they have a pretty wide "monopoly" on their product. and like some modders, could feasibly monetize by way of tips, meaning there'd be a reason for them to stay on board.

I personally would do it for S&G's at first, and maybe I'm dreaming too big. but I'm not familiar with file structures and the like, enough to know how to get a readout of all his lines. so I suppose that's my first step.

I'll look into a total voice replacement. see if I can come up with anything. and get back to you. If I do that, do you think you'll want me with you on this?

then again I could also be veritably insane for suggesting something like this.

Forum here to discuss this idea

Please, don't take it the wrong way, I'm sure you can do a good Nick, but I don't think revoicing his lines is a great idea (even if that was feasible). I mean, he already has a voice and it's... part of his character, at least that's how I feel.

Of course, if someone else had done the voice acting in the game, I might think the same of his "other" voice - but they didn't, so to me Nick's voice and accent are the ones I know. And they feel really.... appropriate :D

Thank you so much Lee5Lee, I'm really happy you liked them! Glad you came back!!

Just to check, when you mentioned var. 1 and 2, were you talking about the first rough draft dialogues I put up versus the all the new cleaned up ones, or did you mean the two different "cleaned up" versions of talk #4 that I just posted? (Still curious if anyone had a preference between those two: version 1 version 2 I think I'm leaning towards version 1 slightly - the main difference is where the "body in tatters" line is)

I suspect we'll definitely still need help with the geck, although if we could actually get this thing working with FO4Edit before that comes out that would be amazing!

I was burning with idea to make Nate companion for my 2nd character, and searched FO4Edit back and forth, but didn't managed to find dialogues in it. Maybe it's just me (I was really bad with FNVEdit too), and maybe this tool is not for dialogue edits...

That's something I was wondering about too - I haven't looked into FO4Edit much yet though so I wasn't sure just how much was possible with it in terms of dialogue, or if we need to wait for the geck to be able to do this mod.

OMG BetteCorvega, you're brilliant! There *needs* to be a Nick Valentine romance... and this sounds so good!

Please, don't take it the wrong way, I'm sure you can do a good Nick, but I don't think revoicing his lines is a great idea (even if that was feasible). I mean, he already has a voice and it's... part of his character, at least that's how I feel.

Of course, if someone else had done the voice acting in the game, I might think the same of his "other" voice - but they didn't, so to me Nick's voice and accent are the ones I know. And they feel really.... appropriate :D

Thank you Nihana!! And I agree with you regarding Nick's voice. Sorry Ekayne, I admire your ambition but I wouldn't want to replace all of Nick's lines either, even if it was possible. Personally, I think the voice actor for Nick (Stephen Russell) did an amazing job and his performance really makes the character. To me, the goal for this mod is to have it seem as much like it was part of the original game as possible, and keeping the original performance - and playing nicely alongside it - is part of that.

Just for the record, watching this mod with an extraordinary amount of excitement. This is going to be incredible once it's finished! :smile:

I hope so too!!

Also, quick progress update - I should be able to have at least "rough draft" edits of all the other incidental dialogue (greetings, "relationship?" etc.) that I've got so far up in the next day or so, if anyone wants to hear those and provide feedback! [edit: Ok it might be more like in a few days but still, very soon!]

Edited by BetteCorvega