"Model load error..."

Dirowolfe

I've been creating a mod for the last few years (on and off) and was starting on creating my own armor, last week, no problems what so ever, was editing The "dread knight" armor (i apologise, i can not remember by who) removed the glowmaps and all other textures aside from the "main" one, worked fine in TESCS. started scaling the armor (because it looks HUGE in game) tested it out in CS monday, worked fine. yesterday, went to load it in nifskope to scale it some more (without scaling normals) worked fine at first, did some more editing and:

"Model load error: blablahblah.nif cannot load file in (exact same)blahblahblah.nif. will use default blahblah.

i've searched the web for two days to no avail even, created the armor "new" in body parts and armor making sure to ick "references persist"....

i'm tearing whats left of my hair out... someone please help?

yup, the path is correct. I even deleted the armor in question and remade it just in case. I'm on lunch at work, but the error when loading up the cell where the npc is wearing the armor is something like:

Model Load Error: (directory where mesh is).nif Cannot Load File (directory where mesh is).nif. will use default (error mesh).nif

like I said, worked fine while I was scaling it for a couple days, now it won't even let me load up the back-up. and until I deleted the npc and replaced her somewhere else, that message continued to pop up even after I removed the armor from the npc completely...

only other thing I could think is everytime I rescaled the armor, I would load between the back-up and then reload the new saved(scaled) nif..... did that about a dozen times. would that do anything?

Edited by Dirowolfe

jojjo. that was the author. well, trying his drakeknight now, and whole thing works except the boots.... in fact none of his boots seem to work.... any ideas? i know they're oblivion ports....

What is the exact error? It tells you where the game is looking for the NIF. Make sure the path is correct for the model in CS.