Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #30894690.

tycomonkey wrote: I'm having trouble with the mod manager. When I try and enable a mod from it says that I must edit some .ini files, but I did. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Never mind! For anyone who has been having the issue of repeatedly getting that error message about editing files. My problem is that I was editing (and re-editing angrily) the fallout ini files in the STEAM directory. If like me you went to steam common apps to fallout and those changes didn't work, go to users>mygames>fallout and change THOSE ini files. That was my problem, which is now fixed.

For some reason, NMM seems to be causing my game to crash. After adding installing and adding mods, and adding the necessary ini tweaks, I get a CTD nearly as soon as the title screen comes up. Even after disabling all mods, this problem continues. The only way to fix it is to verify the file cache on Steam, which leaves me with a vanilla install. As soon as I re-enable the mods and re-tweak the ini, I get the same issue. Is there something I'm doing wrong that I could be overlooking? I have not had this issue when installing mods without a mod manager.

In response to post #30551090.

Genushomo wrote: I have had the .ini changed and working with manual mods for a few days now, but the mods I downloaded this morning through NMM won't enable/activate. I get the warning about the .ini. Am I missing something?

Anyways, thanks for being so quick about updating NMM for Fallout 4, much appreciated.

+1

In response to post #30551090. #30902760 is also a reply to the same post.

Genushomo wrote: I have had the .ini changed and working with manual mods for a few days now, but the mods I downloaded this morning through NMM won't enable/activate. I get the warning about the .ini. Am I missing something?

Anyways, thanks for being so quick about updating NMM for Fallout 4, much appreciated.
nitecki97 wrote: +1

Same did the change to the file mods still not working.

If you have installed the latest Fallout 4 beta update 1.2.33 via Steam released yestrerday (23/11/15) be aware that it will DISABLE ALL MODS when the Launcher is started including all those in NMM.

To get around this you need to launch the Fallout 4 game Launcher THEN re-enable all mods in the NMM Plugins window (not the Mods window) THEN click Play. You can use the 'Enable all inactive mods' button on the left side of the window to make it easier (green tick)

Or launch directly from the Fallout4.exe, though generally you want to avoid this it will at least allow you to use installed mods.

This will ensure your mods are loaded correctly. Otherwise you will just get the "The save relies on content no longer present" message opening a save.

They also removed the hidden Data window on the Fallout 4 Launcher window.

Unclear at this time whether NMM needs to be updated to fix this or it is something else. There appear to be no obvious changes to the games .ini files. It is beta version so I guess Bethesda may wish to deter players from using mods in it, or it is just a version change and needs some update for NMM to work with it.

Posted about this yesterday on the forum for bit more detail.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3441750-psa-latest-beta-update-1233-patch-disables-mods-will-disable-them-in-nexus-mod-manager-also/?p=30872485

if you are getting an error message then ensure you are editing the correct files which are not in the main Fallout 4 install folder in Steam BUT in the Documents folder of Windows i.e. \Documents\My Games

Edited by lunamoonraker

In response to post #30791035. #30813115, #30927295 are all replies on the same post.

BiggyPhD wrote: Whenever I click on " Download With Manager", nothing happens. I've tried this with multiple mods, but mod manager just does not seem to pick up on this, please help.
BiggyPhD wrote: Never mind, I fixed it.
LtRice wrote: How did you fix it?!

Try going to Settings > Download Options and click "Fix it!" under Download options/fix.