How come noone cleaned up the mess in 200 years?

NonameFTW

Boom, I know the heightmap is the hard earth and stones.

But stones are not.

I'm talking about why not have rocks and structures snap to the heightmap so we can alter the terrain without keeping the objects "static" and consequently making them float or lose them underground.

Do I like look like Todd Howard? I have no idea. I hardly know anything about heightmaps in the first place. I have no idea what are they even used for.

But I think that so we can remove them better without messing stuff up. Beth keeps in mind to make stuff mod-able in the first place by idiots.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have 2 almost identical cells and a script that checks if conversation is negative then load cel X if conversation is positive then load cell Y.

That freaking impossible.

Are you sure, i really do not know, but the worldspace is build up from cells right? Those cells have to be loaded each time you come within certain range? So as long as you did not ask one of your settlers to start cleaning up the original cell is loaded. If you do ask them to clean it up, next time you arrive there l, or after x amount of time the cleaned up cell is loaded with all the non reference id removed like grass, bushes, trees, houses, foundations etc. that you cannot remove now. Then you can start building a clean new settlement on a empty flattened piece of ground.

I admit, i cant mod even to save my life, but it does not look to be impossible. But we are still talking about how they should have implemented this in the vanilla game. I'm 100% sure there will be mods giving us nice clean and level building locations.

I admit, i cant mod even to save my life, but it does not look to be impossible.

The short story it is, or hard as hell.

Trying to find ways to make the items scarp-able is easier and less tasking.

Plus, the pc will have to fast travel or change cells to complete his work. What if one wants to stay in one place?

Couple of guesses I'll throw in here that I can check back in a month's time and see how off they are.

- complaints about grass poking through floors indicates that nope, terrain is still unmodifiable ingame

- people still moaning about wonky AI pathfinding means nope, navmesh did not get upgraded to dynamic status (my hopes are dashed) but the bigger objects (walls, furniture etc) have some sort of L-Navcut function built into them.

Do I like look like Todd Howard?

That made me snort.

Couple of guesses I'll throw in here that I can check back in a month's time and see how off they are.

- complaints about grass poking through floors indicates that nope, terrain is still unmodifiable ingame

Does this mean that the leaves and such that scatter the ground and such can't be cleaned up at all?

Also I still don't know what the expect me to do with the really tiny settlements that you unlock that usually have like two people already there. They aren't good for building, you can't set up shops in any aesthetically pleasing way, I don't know why you would bother with them.

Edited by neonie

Have you tried using 'disable' on them? Remember to use 'enable' if the wrong object vanishes, wouldn't want to be responsible for permanently removing things from your game. There are static object 'leaf piles' as well as leaf-covered ground textures. If it's the latter, it won't disappear.

They were probably leaving those for modders to play with, hah.

edit: whoops, apologies to the OP. Convo ended. But yeah, I stopped looking for logic in Beth games a long time back.