Remove level scaled quest rewards

ross365

Yes, it's back. The horrible mechanic from Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion that was thrown out in every single future Bethesda RPG and then brought back in Fallout 4 for some bizarre reason. When completing the quest for Barney Rook at the Rook family house location you are rewarded with the rifle 'Reba II'. I just discovered you don't get the same rifle if you complete it a lower level. At a high level it is a 50 caliber sniper rifle with maxed out attachments, at a low level it is a hunting rifle with mid-high end attachments. I don't fully understand how this mechanic works and don't know any other examples of it in the game at the moment but it is horrible and needs to removed.

It's ridiculous that players should have to avoid doing quests until they are at a certain level to get items, especially quests like the one mentioned where the enemies are at a static level(as far as I know). The game should reward risk, otherwise there's no incentive to challenge yourself with harder missions or areas early in game.