Diamond City Radio has gone silent, please read my thread

Enclave777

At some point during my game-play, the "Diamond City Radio Station" went dead, as in silent, with no more music playing period.

The Classical Station works fine, but Diamond City Radio is silent and has been for a while.

No idea what caused that to happen.

I have searched around the internet to see how many other folks may have encountered the same issue, and I only could find one reference, a thread on the game-informer forum but with only four posts that offer no explanation nor an idea what causes it and how to fix it.

I am on Xbox-One by the way.

I can't be the only one that has encountered this problem (along with the handful of players from that site I mentioned).

So has anyone encountered this problem, does anyone know someone who has?

I'll keeping playing my saved game, but it would be nice if the radio station worked again at some point.

I do hope some folks will reply to this thread and not ignore it.

I don't know where else to turn to and look for answers.

Re-starting the game will not solve the issue if it is bound to happen again, see my point?

Already thought of re-starting anew but what are the chances that problem will occur once more?

Anyways, I appreciate any feedback.

PS: Based on my modding experience from FNV, I would guess that a track in the Radio List must be missing it's assigned MP3 (or whatever format the system is setup to play) and when that track gets selected to play, there is of course silence (because of the absence of an assigned MP3 etc...) and the track playing stays looped, rendering the Radio Station silent.

But that's my guess based on the radio mods I created for my FNV in the past.

Edited by Enclave777

Well, there could´be an explanation for this, but first of all it would make sense to start a new character to see if it's working at all and verify game files just to make sure it's not something wrong with the files.

Also does it work with older saves?

If so it could be that this is somehow related to the quest 'Confidence Man' which involves the host of the radio station. And if I remember correctly when doing the quest/having the host follow you, the radio station is silent (which would make sense).

Edited by SooperWood