REQUEST: Stored items linked between settlements (built items, not resources)

abysmalxD

Hey there.

I've recently ran into a frustrating problem that the game really never clarifies - Yes, I have routes set up to share the stored materials and resources, but once you build a generator - and decide that you wish to move it to a different settlement, you're SOL.

Basically, the mod request is to link the stored built items as well as the actual stored inventory, once you set up a trade route. Thus, if you build something, decide you want to remove it and use it in a different settlement, storing said construction in the workbench makes it available in the traderoute linked settlements in the same way as you could re-build it in the same settlement.

It'd be a great help! After clearing the castle, I sent my settlers there in a plan of building the castle up into a massive settlement, but I can't even re-use anything that is no longer used in the first settlements.

• 2 weeks later...

We need this ASAP, I wasted so much on Generators. Sharing not only Junk items, but also the "already Constructed" pool would be nice.

I just can't get my head around that that one Brahmin is carrying an Industrial water purifier or a large generator... :laugh:

Yep, that would be really not.

As of today, there are "still" no alternative?

I'm not much a fan of sharing the weapons or the armor, but sharing the built items is clearly a necessity. I want to scrap that old Mk I turret from a big settlement who doesnt need it anymore since I now have a rocket turret and be able to use that old turret in a really small settlement who had no defence...

• 2 weeks later...

This is the only mod I'd ever need. I mean, we built the bloody turrets, why not be able to move them to any settlement we want? We often get sick of a specific place so just being able to tear down a place and put it back up somewhere else would be amazing. I hope to see this sometime soon!

• 4 months later...

Might it be simple to add a Shipper class to go alongside the Provisioner. Allows sharing of workshop storage and stored minor structures such as Turrets, but not things like prefabs. Result is not instant, takes a x amount of ingame hours to pass before they are available. Radio contact is a must to view inventories and place orders; radio must be connected to a settlement computer.