Nonassigned settlers' activity and happiness

_Skywalker_

Well, ditto.

1 - If I have a bunch of non assigned settlers - what will they automaticaly do? Scrap collecting? Money making? Wandering aimlessly? Looking for a quiet spot for some loverperk farming?

2 - Is there any happiness bonuses for furnishing? Building a group of multistoried buildings inside of Minuteman fortress and thinking wether i should bother with furnishing above beds, chairs and tables.

I am reasonably certain I read that unassigned setlers scavenge randomly for your settlement workshop, but I cannot find the citation. As for furnishings, they are for the player's edification.

You can find more here:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_settlements

Good luck! =^[.]^=

The part about settlers scavenging is from a loading screen tooltip... Can't confirm if it is actually true however. I have most of my settlements linked with provisioners, and usually have excess crops for new settlers to start working on when they arrive. The only thing I can confirm is that new settlers will try to fill any open farming or guard post spots before they become idle.

You can also click on a settler and the first time you talk to them they will ask if they can "help out", say yes and click on what you want them to do.

When you press the "v" button and enter the workshop window you can see, (along the top) what exactly you are missing or what needs to be built to make everyone happy. If it's in red you need to provide more of it.

A Settlement Assignment Screen of some sort to quickly see who is there and to assign beds and tasks would have been great. Until that is so, you have to manually chase everyone down and run over to the object in question to assign them to it. I like the Settlement addition to the franchise but it needs some refining.

Edited by Warmaker01

A Settlement Assignment Screen of some sort to quickly see who is there and to assign beds and tasks would have been great. Until that is so, you have to manually chase everyone down and run over to the object in question to assign them to it. I like the Settlement addition to the franchise but it needs some refining.

If you build one of those alarm bells, you can call all your settlers to a location to quickly see who is in the settlement. If you're practicing some method of coding them to see who is assigned to what, you can quickly see who is new and needs to be assigned to something or just moved to another settlement.

The problem with a settlement assignment screen of some kind is that there would be no way to differentiate between settlers as things stand. There would need to be some way to have the settlers have semi-unique names so that you can tell one from another.