Do you level cheat for a good reason?

EmperorsGaming

I play these games more for the story and goofing off. I pretty much always max out my SPECIAL right from the start of the game. Then there are some perks I usually give myself, like science and lock picking because I know I'll just console/unlock them anyway. There's no way I'm going to crawl through multiple levels of a vault just to find a locked safe that I can't open, and wait until I level up a bunch more times and finally get that perk and then go all the way back down there to unlock it. Screw that. I also don't mess around with carry weight...I max that out right from the start too. Sometimes I'll play a character and do the whole survival thing and try to play all that stuff legit, but it's only after I've already beat the game several times and I'm bored with it. One other thing I did with this game in particular is once I found the T61 armor, I went ahead and spawned myself the X-01 because by the time you get it you've probably beat the game anyway and what's the point of having the best power armor after you've already accomplished everything?

There are bat files to max them out.

Or, just open console and enter in

player.setav Strength 9

player.setav Perception 9

player.setav Endurance 9

player.setav Charisma 9

player.setav Intelligence 9

player.setav Agility 9

player.setav Luck 9

player.setav Carryweight 9000

at some point after leaving the vault. There is no reason to run some sketchy bat program to just force through console commands. Then for perks...

Lockpicking

Player.addperk 000523FF

Player.addperk 00052400

Player.addperk 00052401

Player.addperk 000FA292

Player.addperk 001D24BA

Hacker

Player.addperk 00052403

Player.addperk 00052404

Player.addperk 00052405

Player.addperk 001d245d

Local Leader

Player.addperk 0004d88D

Player.addperk 001d2468

Science

Player.addperk 000264d9

Player.addperk 000264da

Player.addperk 000264db

Player.addperk 0016578f

Scrapper

Player.addperk 00065E65

Player.addperk 00a12483

This will put you at 1 below max stat for everything (leaving room for progression/bobblehead), and get you done with the majority of the perks which do nothing other than open up settlement options.

Why not setav to 10 right off the bat..? why 9?

Just to have something for you to work your way into as you play and pick up bobbleheads. All the rank 10 perks are fairly blah, or annoying anyway. Why would you want a perk that has the potential to kill or anger people in settlements just because you sprinted past them, ect? You pick up 1/3 of the bobbleheads just from main quest. You pick up another 1/3 from completing the more significant quests. It's mostly there so that you have some sense of progression and accomplishment.

Just curious why you say a bat file is sketchy? Doesn't it just enter everything all at one time without having to type it all out? I do pretty much all of my console edits through bat files because I'll use them again on future characters and it's faster than typing them out when I can just copy and paste to a text doc.

Yeah a FO4 bat file should just be a text file with a list of console commands. Not really sketchy.

BTW Bobbleheads can get you to 11 base special. My level 54 has 11 int, agility, and perception. +3 to int and agility at night from night person. I level really fast.

Edited by LordGrievous