⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New build pc

Why you don't go straight away with an Intel CPU?

With that CPU you are out of choices, for an better CPU. And intel is top tiop leader as gaming concerns. There is no doubt about.

IMHO AMD Radeon R9 Fury is not quite a 980 Ti killer. !!!

I hate wasting hardware, the amd. I have my reasons why i am sticking with radeon. I'm no fanboy, so i go which suits the outcome. Also only have a 1080P monitor 3d asus. So 4k is kind of overkill.

Later on this year i may go 4k. Also going crossfire. Also $500 vs 1000$ is not much a bargain when it comes to the gtx980ti.

Edited by niphilim222

There's no measurable benefit to Skylake and DDR4 for gaming, at least presently, but there's a significant performance cost to the FX CPU vs any of the last few generations of Intel chips. Going with SLI or CrossFire with modern cards and the FX is not the best possible configuration, even at 1080p, when considering many games, and that situation isn't going to improve as time goes on. This isn't meant to beat up your rig or anything, but if you're building a new system I'd say the CPU/platform should be seriously considered alongside the graphics.