Oblivion crash when I start new game or load old games.

Drake2040

First, if you have installed Oblivion in the default 'Program Files' folder, uninstall and reinstall to somewhere like C:\Games\Oblivion. After that, make sure that you install all of your mods correctly, as missing assets will often result in crashes.

First, if you have installed Oblivion in the default 'Program Files' folder, uninstall and reinstall to somewhere like C:\Games\Oblivion. After that, make sure that you install all of your mods correctly, as missing assets will often result in crashes.

Thanks anyway I already found out that my graphic card was the cause of my problem. After re installing the driver I can now play the game already.

• 2 years later...

#1 Don't necro 3 year old posts that have nothing in common with your problem beyond your game won't start (you could pick from about 1,000 more recent posts if you where determined to hijack a thread instead of starting your own). If you read the Terms of Service you'll see that thread necroing isn't permitted.

#2 Start your own thread for your problem ... click on this link and then click on the "Start New Topic" button near the upper right of the screen.

When reporting your problem give details, including operating system (e.g. Win 8 or WinXP), where the game is installed (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Games), whether you are using the disk version of the game or the Steam version, whether or not the vanilla game will start (with no mods or utilities installed), your mod list if you are using mods, any steps you have already tried to fix the problem (more details included with that the better) and any other details you think may be related to your problem (e.g. "This didn't start until I tried OBGE or JoesCoolOverhaul mod"). If you don't give complete details of your problem we will not be able to help you.

#1. Don't be a vigilante.

#2. Considering this thread has a title relevant to the post, and its under Technical Support, its appropriate.

--Moto

Edited by MotoSxorpio