Preparing for the Enclave Return mod

jonnyetiz

the reason I mentioned LZ institute guys, is because I'm aware that the enclave is tapped out, hence why they're utilizing synth production as an attempt to bolster their forces
it also gives a good counterpart to the institute using enclave armour in LZ institute, they're working together at a hostile distance because they see technological swapping as superior because they both think they'll get the edge on their opponents by attaining the others' capacities and utilizing it in their own way than the other will get theirs (the institute gets their hands on armour methods because it doesn't think the enclave will be able to do much with gen 1 synths because it's pathetic, whereas the enclave is like "oh man if we can get this we already have armour tech and we don't need muties for pawns"

just a thought :tongue:
it's not without precedent
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov%E2%80%93Ribbentrop_Pact#Expansion_of_raw_materials_and_military_trading

Edited by tartarsauce2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason I mentioned LZ institute guys, is because I'm aware that the enclave is tapped out, hence why they're utilizing synth production as an attempt to bolster their forces

it also gives a good counterpart to the institute using enclave armour in LZ institute, they're working together at a hostile distance because they see technological swapping as superior because they both think they'll get the edge on their opponents by attaining the others' capacities and utilizing it in their own way than the other will get theirs (the institute gets their hands on armour methods because it doesn't think the enclave will be able to do much with gen 1 synths because it's pathetic, whereas the enclave is like "oh man if we can get this we already have armour tech and we don't need muties for pawns"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov%E2%80%93Ribbentrop_Pact#Expansion_of_raw_materials_and_military_trading

We already have plans that dont go with this. Go to Page 3 at the bottom and find the imgur link.

We already have plans that dont go with this. Go to Page 3 at the bottom and find the imgur link.

whoops, right, sorry, think I managed to convince myself this was a different thread on the enclave topic for some reason, my bad

Edited by tartarsauce2

My apologies, I've been having computer troubles (and messing around in Far Harbor) lately, but I intend to get caught back up on this thread shortly.

In re: concerns about the unlikely event that Bethsoft will release an Enclave DLC, I sincerely doubt it will happen, but we will of course attempt to keep our mod as close to any developments in canon as possible without retconning anything we release.

only think i can think of the player being voiced is dont voice him, her, in doing this you might be able to make ALOT more options when talking to someone. i know theirs only 4 atm. im sure a mod to make you have more for mods only or have options with in options so it would seem more like someone talking then this bs they pushed down are ...

i wish we still had them in game. if we have there power armor why are they not here?... (tho i feel they might of had a downed VB and all the suits you find are whats left of who ever survived the crash..

but eh. i am looking foreword to enclave mod

Personally ,I feel the enclave is dead

They died in F3, and there were only a handful of old men left in FNV

To this concern and the other person with the same issue, I'd say that we've seen the Enclave as it was intended to function so far and we've watched it fail. But any serious effort to retake the United States was going to need more than an oil rig in California and a computer program in DC. New Vegas specifically mentions Midwestern Commonwealth operations in ED-E's files and I've thought a great deal about other logical bases of operation for an attempt to have a continuity of government plan function.

Long story short. we've seen the head cut off of the organization. Most meaningful leadership and direction the Enclave had was wiped out in FO2/FO3. But far from demoralizing Enclave troops and forcing them to disband, I would argue that it would motivate the military structure that remained. Ten years to dust themselves off and work out a chain of command without most of their leadership sounds about fair.

The Enclave isn't the major power it was, but to think that losing a few cities would end a movement that was planned for two centuries is a bit shortsighted. And with Bethsoft seemingly done with the Big E for now, we have a lot of freedom to see where this new desperation will take them.

There's a lot to unpack that I haven't really consulted other staff on, and most of the direction I can see our soldiers going from here would be spoilers anyway, but know that there's a lot of consideration I've given to how the events of previous games have shaped Enclave propaganda and policy.

only think i can think of the player being voiced is dont voice him, her, in doing this you might be able to make a lot more options when talking to someone. i know theirs only 4 atm. im sure a mod to make you have more for mods only or have options with in options so it would seem more like someone talking then this bs they pushed down are ...

I'm working on a few projects and the dialogue system is a pain for all of them. But if we can work within the confines of what FO4 provides in terms of the four-branch system and voiced protagonist while still giving the player the story and the options we want to give, then we should. Fewer dependencies are a gift to people who mod it 'til it breaks like I tend to, and while most players prefer the older system of interaction, some actually find the Bioware-style system in FO4 cleaner. Ideally, mods should be as modular as possible, and while some dependencies will likely have to exist, it's a personal goal of mine to minimize those dependencies.

I'm glad you're excited to see what we all cook up for you!

only think i can think of the player being voiced is dont voice him, her, in doing this you might be able to make a lot more options when talking to someone. i know theirs only 4 atm. im sure a mod to make you have more for mods only or have options with in options so it would seem more like someone talking then this bs they pushed down are ...

I'm working on a few projects and the dialogue system is a pain for all of them. But if we can work within the confines of what FO4 provides in terms of the four-branch system and voiced protagonist while still giving the player the story and the options we want to give, then we should. Fewer dependencies are a gift to people who mod it 'til it breaks like I tend to, and while most players prefer the older system of interaction, some actually find the Bioware-style system in FO4 cleaner. Ideally, mods should be as modular as possible, and while some dependencies will likely have to exist, it's a personal goal of mine to minimize those dependencies.

I find the new dialogue system to be a dream to work with. I sit and write dialogue for hours and hours because I enjoy it so much.

I find the new dialogue system to be a dream to work with. I sit and write dialogue for hours and hours because I enjoy it so much.

Cute.

But seriously, I've found that it isn't too bad despite the overwhelmingly negative reaction. It just takes a bit of the natural flow out of the writing process and makes you take some narrative choices you'd probably not have wanted to otherwise. But I've loved Bioware storytelling for ages, so adapting to their narrative system was pretty natural for me.

It just takes a bit of the natural flow out of the writing process and makes you take some narrative choices you'd probably not have wanted to otherwise...

I couldn't possibly disagree with that statement any more.

In my opinion there is nothing more natural than building an actual conversation flow using 2-4 options for each dialogue choice. Letting the roleplaying of a character build over time as opposed to having a bunch of choices all at once.

I find the old way of staring awkwardly at an NPC while they speak at you as opposed to with you to be against the natural flow of things.

It just takes a bit of the natural flow out of the writing process and makes you take some narrative choices you'd probably not have wanted to otherwise...

I couldn't possibly disagree with that statement any more.

In my opinion there is nothing more natural than building an actual conversation flow using 2-4 options for each dialogue choice. Letting the roleplaying of a character build over time as opposed to having a bunch of choices all at once.

I find the old way of staring awkwardly at an NPC while they speak at you as opposed to with you to be against the natural flow of things.

I'm sure we could go round-and-round on this, but that's not really what this thread's for. So I'll just say that I played some really compellingly written stuff in the old system. The biggest problem as a writer that I run into, and what I find often rather limiting, is trying to match FO4's Question-Sarcasm-Nice-Mean breakdown, which feels at times inappropriate per the situation and at other times way too constraining. I am given occasionally to the temptation to throw that model to the wind, but it's what they've kind of built the dialogue system around so I do try to maintain it where I can, even if it means I scowl at my screen a little more.