Couple of settlement questions

Hitchslapped

Sooo,

I think I have most of the settlements now but I came to realise they are pretty much useless. Sure you can set up shops or generate some income but most of the stuff the settlement brings in is to sustain the settlement itself. In the end it doesn't matter if you have settlements or not. Am I wrong?

Then there are those annoying "we've been attacked by raiders again, please kill the camp"-quests every time you enter your settlement. It's really getting annoying.

What happens with the settlements if I work for the institute or brotherhood? Will the minutemen throw me out and take te settlements with them???

Yeaaaa man I really hate how the game FORCES you into some of this. It's agrivating. It makes you feel like a dick if you ignore them. But I only have four settlements and I respond to them. It doesn't pop up all that often. I wish there was a way to not have to personally respond to EVERY incident. I wish I could just dispatch some Minute men to the issue. But.....Bethesda I guess wanted to shove the whole world building thing down our throats.

Yeaaaa man I really hate how the game FORCES you into some of this. It's agrivating. It makes you feel like a dick if you ignore them. But I only have four settlements and I respond to them. It doesn't pop up all that often. I wish there was a way to not have to personally respond to EVERY incident. I wish I could just dispatch some Minute men to the issue. But.....Bethesda I guess wanted to shove the whole world building thing down our throats.

Yeah it handled badly, what if I wanted to have on scarp manor without making it a village? What I wanted to be with myself and my followers?

Yeah it handled badly, what if I wanted to have on scarp manor without making it a village? What I wanted to be with myself and my followers?

Exactly, hell maybe my char just...was so broke down emotionally from everything they want to crush it all just to get to their kid? I agree, they just kind of forced some personality into the character which is kind of anti-FO in my opinion. I really like the building system. I've done MAGIC things with it I really have. I will have to upload a walk through of my main base I built. But I just don't like the idea of being in the middle of another quest and getting a message about my settlements under attack.

If they have given you an option to just save Preston and crew and then....just forget about them it would have been nice. Basically HAVING to save some settlement and turn it into my home is kinda silly too. I wish they would let me just drop a Workbench somewhere and make my own home. I can see the difficulties that would cause. Perhaps if there was just some 'no build' zones to stop me from dropping turrets all over the map. But they could have turned any wilderness areas into possible base sights.

Workbench somewhere and make my own home.

Look it up, you can with the console. The best thing it doesn't became a town. No idea if followers will travel to them though. Don't forget the fast travel marker mat!

I don't have any settlers in some places when I think about it, I lived in red rocket station for a full, real time day and helped the farm nearby, no one showed up to either of those.

If they have given you an option to just save Preston and crew and then....just forget about them it would have been nice.

You can. I just said no, I have my own things to do. There is a quest log in my pip boy, but at least it not 15 towns.

You can buy a house for 2000 caps in DC with a workshop to decorate it whatever you want. I like red rocket, but that place was fill of junk and trash. I also get attacked by super mutes and mole rats when I craft. The house also has roof area to chill and look over the city. It a nice place.

Look it up, you can with the console. The best thing it doesn't became a town. No idea if followers will travel to them though. Don't forget the fast travel marker mat!

I don't have any settlers in some places when I think about it, I lived in red rocket station for a full, real time day and helped the farm nearby, no one showed up to either of those.

If they have given you an option to just save Preston and crew and then....just forget about them it would have been nice.

You can. I just said no, I have my own things to do. There is a quest log in my pip boy, but at least it not 15 towns.

You can buy a house for 2000 caps in DC with a workshop to decorate it whatever you want. I like red rocket, but that place was fill of junk and trash. I also get attacked by super mutes and mole rats when I craft. The house also has roof area to chill and look over the city. It a nice place.

That is where I set up a fortress. I just sent several people from other settlements to it. I get attacked rather rarely there but my guards and turrets deal with them post haste. I'm working a 24 hour shift today then getting in the car in the morning to drive out of town for Thanksgiving. So I won't be able to upload pics till I get back as I don't have the game on my laptop :-( But I built all around RedRocket and on the roof. I'm pretty sure the only part of it you can see with out being inside is the giant rocket on top *laugh* I even have a raised platform over the road that my guard posts are on with some turrets. I do wish there was a way to clean up some of the piles of garbage on the ground in some areas. But Mostly you don't notice it with the flooring I put in.

That is where I set up a fortress. I just sent several people from other settlements to it. I get attacked rather rarely there but my guards and turrets deal with them post haste. I'm working a 24 hour shift today then getting in the car in the morning to drive out of town for Thanksgiving. So I won't be able to upload pics till I get back as I don't have the game on my laptop :-( But I built all around RedRocket and on the roof. I'm pretty sure the only part of it you can see with out being inside is the giant rocket on top *laugh* I even have a raised platform over the road that my guard posts are on with some turrets. I do wish there was a way to clean up some of the piles of garbage on the ground in some areas. But Mostly you don't notice it with the flooring I put in.

Yeah it's a little half-assed in my opinion. They maybe should've made fewer settlements but with the ability to clean them up. I now made red rocket station my home and chose to ignore the rest. They can all burn in hell for all I care but I wish i could just take a broom and clean the floor in my home or have the option to make those red rock signs light up again.

With a couple of people it wouldn't even take a day to clean up those places. It's not that immersive to build settlements where nobody gives a damn about taking out the garbage.

It's the same with buildings. Why are we building wooden houses with holes so large a supermutant could walk in? Most of the stuff we can build looks like it wouldn't make much of a difference if we just slept outside.

Yeah it's a little half-assed in my opinion. They maybe should've made fewer settlements but with the ability to clean them up. I now made red rocket station my home and chose to ignore the rest. They can all burn in hell for all I care but I wish i could just take a broom and clean the floor in my home or have the option to make those red rock signs light up again.

With a couple of people it wouldn't even take a day to clean up those places. It's not that immersive to build settlements where nobody gives a damn about taking out the garbage.
It's the same with buildings. Why are we building wooden houses with holes so large a supermutant could walk in? Most of the stuff we can build looks like it wouldn't make much of a difference if we just slept outside

Because all farm/villages look like that. And beth seems to want our town/villages/forts to look the same and not out of place. They are meant to be made out of junk, scarp and leftovers.

And it seems odd, but in former fallout games, trash was everywhere. One would say it not immersive. But if you read about it, the world before linking hygiene and heath was even dirtier and stinker. Trash would be in the streets along with feces and rotting food. And fallout npcs seem to not have acknowledge such a link.

And no, I want more places to build on along with a vault. Less is not the answer.