CM Partners Mod Basic

Ghoulz

you can open doc files if you are running windows. Use wordpad or write to do it (in accessories). Failing that use OpenOffice or Abiword. Failing that rename to .txt.

it should all make sense when you read the docs.

You need MS Word to open .doc. If you don't have it, install OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice.

Wordpad will do it right up to 2003 iirc. It might not format everything completely perfectly, but it will open and save .doc Write is a bit more limited, can only cope with a subset of word 6 .doc format, but a lot of the .doc files you see at places like this are often glorified text files anyhow.

The CMPartners.esm and CMPartners.esp are the base files needed to run the mod, but they don't add any CM Partner NPCs to the game themselves. Those two base files must have at least one of the other esp files activated in Data Files for you to find any new NPCs. For some of the optional files (that have NE in the file name) the NPCs added are non-essential (i.e. they can be killed). The file with the same name only without the NE add essential (can't be killed) NPCs in exactly the same locations. Example ... CM Partners NPC.esp puts 9 CM Partner NPCs in the Imperial City while CM Partners NPC NE.esp places the same 9 CM Partner NPCs in the Imperial City but they will be marked as non-essential. If you ticked both in Data Files you would have 18 CM Partners in the Imperial City, 9 sets of twins, one killable the other not. Here's an excerpt from CM Partners Basic 2.0 Readme.doc outlining the options available:

Here is a packing list of files and a description of each one:

a. CM Partners.esm – Basic Mod with all the dialogue, scripting, AI Packages, etc. Includes 1 beast and 7 minions placed in the Imperial City.

b. CM Partners.esp – Places the Partners inventory chest in the game world and modifies scripting to use it. Do not edit this file. Leave it intact and create your own mod.

c. CM Partners NPC.esp – Places 9 Partner NPCs in the Imperial City and one minion for Beau in the All Saints Inn in the Temple District..

d. CM Partners NPC NE.esp – Makes the 9 Partner NPCs in the Imperial City non-essential.

e. CM Partners More NPCs.esp – Places 58 Partner NPCs in taverns, inns, etc. throughout the game world.

f. CM Partners More NPCs NE.esp – Makes the 58 Partner NPCs non-essential.

g. CM Partners Marked NPCs.esp – Places 2 essential Partner NPCs in the Imperial City with map markers activated.

h. CM Partners Special.esp – Places 2 special Partner NPCs in the Waterfront District. These have special abilities to train, repair armor, etc.

i. CM Partners Extra NPC.esp – Adds 10 essential Partner NPCs to the Imperial City, Bravil, and Anvil.

Note that if you activate both the NE and regular version of the files you will CM Partners out the whaazoo (been there ... done that).

Ew, I didn't notice those two files were esp and esm, they got the same name. That's why it didn't work. I assumed one would try to overwrite the other if I tried to put in both.

Wait, does essential mean they're invincible, or they keep returning after falling in a fight? Well I would think they're not invincible, but I don't know about people here. They come up with pretty messed up stuff.

Is this a stand-alone mod, or are there other mods that enhance this?

Just like any NPC in the game marked essential, in combat the essential CM Partners take damage down to a certain point and then go unconscious, but they aren't killed and lost from the game. The non-essential CM Partners in the NE version of the esp files can be killed, and subsequently lost from the game (except that, the same as any other dead NPC, you can open the console, click their dead body and 'resurrect 1' them back to life). The NE version is best if you like the challenge of keeping your companions alive. You can mix and match ... use the NE version of one pair along with the regular version of the other pair (e.g. use CM Partners NPC.esp and CM Partners More NPCs NE.esp, which will give you 9 essential NPCs and 58 non-essential NPCs ... then if you want more essential NPCs add in CM Partners Extra NPC.esp, which doesn't have a non-essentail counterpart, and then you will have a total of 19 essential companions and 58 non-essential). Kinda' like going to the ice-cream shop ... I'll have a scoop of this and one of that ... :tongue:

• 1 year later...
as to other mods that enhance this you may want to also install the companionship ring mod(not from CM partners) this prevents in-fighting among your group which is a common problem with this mod. cant remember where i got it exept that it is on nexus... somewhere...

as to other mods that enhance this you may want to also install the companionship ring mod(not from CM partners) this prevents in-fighting among your group which is a common problem with this mod. cant remember where i got it exept that it is on nexus... somewhere...

First off, why would you necro a thread that is over a year old? And secondly there was no need to comment as the "info" you left wasn't even slightly pertinent to the topic. Since you are new, please read this. Pay special attention to the small section labeled "Chapter V."