PC gaming almost over?

cyronarxes

. With consoles on the other hand you can just buy the system and it works pretty much out of the box, and you always know, short of the disk being damaged, you can just slot it in and play. I'm not saying that consoles are better, but the PC certainly isn't easier than consoles for gaming IMO.

actually with a consol you can only play games with of the same type as the machine, eg PAL games won't work in an NTSC macine, and vice versa. whic is fine seeing as america is like, the only country that uses NTSC where as Australia, UK and most of the other countries use PAL. silly americans, always doing it differently, celsius is much more acurate then farenheit, so almost everyone uses celsius, but does america?nooooooo they have to use the much more inacurate one. silly silly america

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. With consoles on the other hand you can just buy the system and it works pretty much out of the box, and you always know, short of the disk being damaged, you can just slot it in and play. I'm not saying that consoles are better, but the PC certainly isn't easier than consoles for gaming IMO.

actually with a consol you can only play games with of the same type as the machine, eg PAL games won't work in an NTSC macine, and vice versa. whic is fine seeing as america is like, the only country that uses NTSC where as Australia, UK and most of the other countries use PAL. silly americans, always doing it differently, celsius is much more acurate then farenheit, so almost everyone uses celsius, but does america?nooooooo they have to use the much more inacurate one. silly silly america

That's true - though I'm pretty sure, unless they changed it, that the PS3 is region free, which means NTSC will run on PAL and vice versa. That could (hopefully) spell the end to this silly region system.

• 2 months later...

I just thought I'd mention that Sony and Nintendo fanboys are just as bad as xbox fanboys. They will lie, deny and over hype their console of choice, because they are all fanboys. Don't pay them any attention, they have no lives and are of no threat to you. Why do they start petitions? Because it is easy and requires very little effort thanks to online petition sites. Plus it allows them to continue their pitiful existence and unite with others who are like them. They won't start rallies, riots or cause any ruckus outside of the internet since it would require physical effort (something they avoid at all costs). Just ignore them and don't count what they say as anything meaningful. Besides I only ever recall one petition getting anywhere and that was the one for the Bioshock Collector's Edition.

PC gaming may feel like its in decline, and to some extent I'd say you are right. But that has nothing to do with fanboys or xbox 360. It has to do with economics. Console games tend to, on average, yield higher profits than exclusive PC titles. The reason for this is because the average individual will choose a console over a gaming pc because its simple. No knowledge of the inner working parts are required, and they tend to be cheaper than high end PCs. It is plug and play in every sense of the word. Also most high selling console titles make more money because they are cross platform (usually including PC), larger audience = more money.

If you were to compare PC gaming 10 years ago with today, I would say it has declined somewhat. I think the majority of this has to do with online play being readily available on consoles now. But I certainly wouldn't say its on the way out. PC gaming still holds many advantages over consoles and until consoles can take advantage of that (which may never happen) PC will still be a contender.

What I think needs to happen is for developers to start really exploring the possibilities of the platform outside of graphics. If they can do that, we may see a return to a PC dominant market.

I just thought I'd mention that Sony and Nintendo fanboys are just as bad as xbox fanboys.

NO THEY ARE NOT! I have had my fair share with them and they are not nearly as arrogant and annoying as the 360 fanboys. It is the 360 fanboys which always post topics on how uber the 360 is and how every game shoul port to the 360. They also are theones which start the most flame wars.

I just thought I'd mention that Sony and Nintendo fanboys are just as bad as xbox fanboys.

NO THEY ARE NOT! I have had my fair share with them and they are not nearly as arrogant and annoying as the 360 fanboys. It is the 360 fanboys which always post topics on how uber the 360 is and how every game shoul port to the 360. They also are theones which start the most flame wars.

Beautiful irony.

whatever, my friends xbox overheated in 3 hours. piece of junk

yes, i know it is a peice of junk. Its average life expectancy is 6 to 7 months. of course, the main reason it is so popular is because it has so many exclusives and it is inexpensive. Of course, the xbox is already obsolete as most games next year are to powerfull for the xbox such as Crysis and Gears of war gold edition which are both pc exclusives.

Xbox 360, inexpensive? What tosh. The games cost the best part of £50! Plus the fact you would have to keep replacing it (the console) due to the crappy heatsinks MS saw fit to use.

Archived