ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Mod request for building

bmyblake

It is possible to do so, just place a thing you want to no clip and then use console command "tcl" and press on the object and move around

Does not work for me either. tlc does nothing for moving objects at all, it just lets you float around to help with movement ( I use it for this specifically quite frequently so believe me when I say it does nothing) - There are a few tricks to get around the 'red', you can place the object, say, a wall, that would normally clip into another object - and then you can place a spiked pole (a buildable object) as close as you can to that wall without clipping into it, place it, and then hold down the E button while your cursor is highlighting the spiked pole. If it is close enough to the wall, both the pole and the wall will become selected, and you will move both at once ( careful, if the wall is close to other walls it will select those too, so do this away from other objects, not too far, just far enough) - this will help to diminish the clip area around the wall, and base the clip more on the pole instead. Sometimes it is weird and doesn't work properly, in those cases what you need to do is do the thing where you hold the E button on the pole, while it is next to the wall, to select both of them - while both are selected (make sure they are green and not red) open the console, click the wall, type disable, hit enter, then type enable, and hit enter. Exit console, and then try placing the pole, with the wall. Sometimes you have to fiddle with it but it helps a lot I have used it to directly connect the junk walls that normally always have a space between them without additional stuff and you could even use it to fill in gaps where stuff is floating above the ground etc. And of course it helps when there is a hill or a slope and it is very difficult to properly place anything on it, likesay a long fence without going through a lot of trouble and still ending up with a poor result. I might just mention that I can't seem to get the pole to highlight both itself and a wall with they are on top of any wood flooring etc, so do it on just the ground outside.

guys I have a question, is there a way to build an own vault, or build in an existing vault? maybe vanila or mod?

Yes I saw a mod earlier that might help you do this, have not tried it myself, but it lets you place a workshop anywhere and flag an area as a settlement, even indoors - I imagine you could use it within a vault - here is a link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1050/?

It is possible to do so, just place a thing you want to no clip and then use console command "tcl" and press on the object and move around

Does not work for me either. tlc does nothing for moving objects at all, it just lets you float around to help with movement ( I use it for this specifically quite frequently so believe me when I say it does nothing)

I have seen people doing it in videos so i know it does work for some people, but sadly not for me either. I got it to work once, and i can't reproduce how i did it....it was very random how it happened and not at all like it's supposed to :/

Does not work for me either. tlc does nothing for moving objects at all, it just lets you float around to help with movement ( I use it for this specifically quite frequently so believe me when I say it does nothing)

I have seen people doing it in videos so i know it does work for some people, but sadly not for me either. I got it to work once, and i can't reproduce how i did it....it was very random how it happened and not at all like it's supposed to :/

Just saw this in another thread, maybe they were using this? In any case it helps with the whole issue of placing objects in the red areas. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1267/?

Edit: I just tried the thing in the link I just put - it works, and it is so much easier than the other little workarounds. You just click in the red as if it was green. And bam it works. There is a god, hahahaha

Edited by Sozerius

No it definitely wasn't that that i saw, they were toggling clipping in console. It's on these forums somewhere so i'll try and find it.

And the only thing that put me off trying the 'place in red' before now is the fact that i really don't want cheat engine on my shiny new puter :D

waiting for it to be an esp cause he said he's doing that.

I've been positioning things that are red in console and it's so tedious...although i'm getting suprisingly quick at it ha

Edit: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3405395-new-building-methods-no-clipping-and-floating-objects/

that's the video i saw, definitely using tcl.

Edited by Puddycat

Tried to install it, havent used it yet, but this is exactly what i wanted it looks like, thanks!