(Mod Req) Self Caring Settlements

Deleted809848User

I don't expect this mod to happen anytime soon until G.E.C.K comes out. I honestly don't know what it would take to make a mod I am about to suggest but here it goes.

I had this idea and maybe somebody with the skills can create it one day. Settlements are cool but become a hassle especially for people that like to start fresh or don't like jumping all around the map to every settlement to place something you forgot you should of placed already for the future of the settlement. (I.e. Me :tongue:) So my idea was maybe settlements can build themselves over time by workers hired to maintain the settlement. What I mean is pretty much self explanatory but I will elaborate. So you gain a settler, assign him as a worker for the settlement be it assigning him to a bench that triggers this action or command menu. Then if the settlement needs anything i.e. beds, he will build the necessary object to maintain settlements needs and happiness. If materials required are met of course. Thus about the only thing you need to do is assign people to specific jobs i.e. guard duty, collect mats, etc. And building a home from scratch, placing defense and miscellaneous stuff. I suppose there could be super ultimate lazy mode too and make everything automated and pre-placed spots when the player meets required materials. Maybe like a purchase system? Level 1 base requires this amount of caps and materials to purchase. And when the player purchase the base everything instantly built in already picked areas by modder, etc. Thus buying a base rather then building it. I mean there are so many ways to go with this but I don't want to make a wall of text. So I just wanted to throw this out there as a brainstorm for any modders looking for idea. Anyways, Cheers. :pirate:

• 4 weeks later...

Dude, you have no idea how this resonates with me. Holy nuts of Jesus, its just so goddamn frustrating sometimes when you want to start a new character and has to freakin throw away 2 hrs of gameplay on settlement builds (esp if you're a perfectionist) sure you could skip it but, it just feels weird to go back and see sanctuary as a shithole 30+ levels after.

I like your ideas but it probably wont be possible until GECK arrives. Though we already have mods that modifies the objects available in the workbench so maybe we can have a mod that adds additional pre-built building types (barracks, farm, homesteads, garrage....etc...) to the prefab tab so that you could blitz build a functional settlement that doesnt look like a behemoth pooped it out.

A role-play implementation of this would be to build a 'special' desk in your settlement and assign one settler who is the manager of that settlement, once done the place looks after it's self. I don't come to the Fallout universe to play The Sims so it can't happen fast enough for me..

• 2 weeks later...