Proposal for new tag for "Offensive" mods(instead of removing them)

tempwayne

Tag for Offensive Mods instead of Takedowns  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nexusmods add an "Offensive" tag and a filter to such mods instead of taking them down?

• Yes, better than unilateral removal.
    • It's not feasible(but I'd like such a feature).
    • No. Some mods deserve to die.

We're not going to support work from Nazi sympathisers. Full-stop. Releasing a mod with the description "For fans of the Nazis" can die in a fire. End of.

Wait, WHAT!? I think I missed something here. All the sudden it's about Nazi's....I totally am missing out on an important aspect of the story when Dark0ne drops in talking about Nazi's...I have to assume the original post has been edited......

Okay, as far as the Killable Children debate....it's offensive....not offensive enough. Playable children.....harmless by itself. As for more offensive child mods, well, they existed with Skyrim, on other sites. Mainly one site hosted the majority of them. A year or two ago that site cleaned house and banned all mods featuring children. As far as I know all major sites have hard bans on anything like that. Nexus obviously has always had ban on anything illegal.

As far as free speech, America does not support universal free speech. Honestly, free speech in America is similar to moderation on the Nexus. Pretty lenient, but still there. As for the OP, as others have said tags are the solution...and they already exist.

Edited by tonicmole

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To wistfane and zaty1 Then why allow the possibility of a sick f**k to misuse mods in such a way with the Playable Children mod? I stated for everyone to see the bigger picture. I know Nexus has a strict rule for images of children but think about people misusing children mods offsite of Nexus.

Everyone is being narrow-minded and focusing only on Nexus and not elsewhere online. Nexus is being used as a gateway to allowing people to combine mods like Playable Children for vile means. These are the only mods that offend me and imagine if you saw your child depicted in a mod or a childhood friend or a relative of yours who was a child. Think outside the box please or you'll see disgusting mod images like this http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/120/images/1903-1-1283660019.jpg (Which was actually on Nexus this year earlier from Children of the Wasteland) on other degenerate sites when all that had to be done was ban mods involving children. So, is me being a mother and having a daughter irrelevant in this post? How do you think you were born? I use these as frame of reference.

I chose not to hyperlink so people will not get paranoid. Nexus provides the tools and access easily to people to mod and I will not tolerate child mods and the thought of some creep using child mods makes me want to kill that creep.

Edited by ModofDuty

I understand your stance. But now, we are asking them to be thought police? Judiciously removing anything that can be twisted in a wrong way?

And we weren't supposed to bring thought control into this conversation?

I knew I shouldn't have bothered posting.

Good day, ma'am.

To zaty1

I am not trying to police peoples' thoughts. My argument is that removing and banning mods that can have the possibility of atrocious uses involving children should be implemented.

Why allow the possibility because Nexus is a very popular modding site and with popularity comes ease of use and mainsteam-i-fying unwelcoming content offsite. Are you a parent zaty1? Do you have children? Then imagine one seeing sick f**ks using children mods in this way.

I am losing faith in people since everyone is so quick to not even bother discussing these issues such as you zaty1.

We're not going to support work from Nazi sympathisers. Full-stop. Releasing a mod with the description "For fans of the Nazis" can die in a fire. End of.

Wait, WHAT!? I think I missed something here. All the sudden it's about Nazi's....I totally am missing out on an important aspect of the story when Dark0ne drops in talking about Nazi's...I have to assume the original post has been edited......

Okay, as far as the Killable Children debate....it's offensive....not offensive enough. Playable children.....harmless by itself. As for more offensive child mods, well, they existed with Skyrim, on other sites. Mainly one site hosted the majority of them. A year or two ago that site cleaned house and banned all mods featuring children. As far as I know all major sites have hard bans on anything like that. Nexus obviously has always had ban on anything illegal.

As far as free speech, America does not support universal free speech. Honestly, free speech in America is similar to moderation on the Nexus. Pretty lenient, but still there. As for the OP, as others have said tags are the solution...and they already exist.

You know who else doesnt like free speech commies and nazis? Are you a commie or a nazi by any chance? Dont tell others what to do. What people do with their games is no concern of yours.

Some one wants to role play Hitler turn minutemen fort into a giant oven and cremate people thats his prerogative. Some one wants to turn his game into ponies and furries and what not. Not my problem and neither is it yours. Being offended doesnt give you special privileges to infringe on the freedom of others

All of you are picking up where we already left because this topic was about adding an Offensive Tag or not.

Well, it was something different before, but you are just repeating the cycle.

The TAG is not going to decide anything. The Admins/Moderators do. The tag OFFENSIVE was for EVERYTHING that could be seen as offensive.

For example My Little Pony.

We concluded that an "Offensive Tag" doesn't solve anything. It just opens up confusion, censorship and massive overwork for admins/moderators.

Some one wants to role play Hitler turn minutemen fort into a giant oven and cremate people thats his prerogative. Some one wants to turn his game into ponies and furries and what not. Not my problem and neither is it yours. Being offended doesnt give you special privileges to infringe on the freedom of others

I am glad that Nexusmods has rules

I saw a nazi texture and I thought It'd be nifty to use it on enemies so you're fighting nazi's with power armor, the problem is this system would be exploitable, people could flag mods that aren't really bad just to troll like flagging youtube videos and such.

After reading the OP, It might be better off if we have some short of "rating of offensive", like how the ratings you hear like E for Everyone, or A for Adults only, or M for Mature... They could develop a system to where we have something based on how offensive it could be, so that the user can be well informed about the content of that mod, this will probably add less stress and the need of debate when it comes down the removal of certain mods, so moderators have less of a hassle to deal with.

When people ventured into the offensive catalogues of mods, they will get that warning saying something like "warning, what you are about to enter may contain offensive material, and we are not held responsible if you download this content." or something like that, something that you will see on an nudity site that you must be 18+ or higher to enter this site.

Edited by darkedone02

@ModofDuty - I can barely respond to you without derailing this topic and getting myself in trouble. So, here is more info than you need to negatively stereotype me.

I'm an uncle to 6 children under 10. I have 3 brothers, I am the oldest, the youngest born when I was almost 16. I have done 1000's of hours of volunteer service work.

I have no children. I have 2 cats - if that counts. If I had a child, I would protect it til my dying breath. Please, tell me that you know what goes on in my head.

Are we still functioning on fact? or opinion? Are we functioning on a "possibility" now? That something may be used inappropriately?

So I pose you a few questions--

Do we remove all guns mods from this site because I "might" use one to shoot a child in the face ingame? (WHOA)

Would you let me, a stranger, buy your whole family icecream randomly one night? Do I really need to state a reason? For sake of argument, I don't tell you - my child was stillborn this day.

Would you call the cops on me if your child ran into my frame as I snapped a picture of the sunset? How about if I was photopgraphing my nieces and nephews?

"I am not trying to police peoples' thoughts. My argument is that removing and banning mods that can have the possibility of atrocious uses involving children should be implemented"

Now, we want to put a measured definition on "possibility"? Seriously?

My response pages ago stands - we will sit here and argue about hypocrisy, irony, and opinion.

I'm willing to discuss logically - not emotionally.

Start a new thread about the removal of kid oriented mods if that is your real position.

This thread was about attempting to get an offensive tag for possibly offensive content.

Edit- To the mods that constantly need to come check on this - I'm sorry.

Edited by zaty1