Body Slot Map - Early consensus?

PlagueHush

Howdy all!

It looks like Bethesda have thrown the body slot usage completely up in the air again this time around, and they no longer bear *any* resemblance to Gamebryo's original mapping, or how they were laid out in Skyrim. We went through all this once for Skyrim way later than we should have done, so it's time to do it again for Fallout 4 before the armor and equipment mods start pouring in!

I've laid out below the slot usage from looking through all of the armors and worn equipment in the game. It's taken quite a lot to whittle it down to this layout, but I'm confident what I have is now as accurate as I can make it. Time to turn it over to you guys for discussion, and to get some consensus early on so we don't have backpacks removing hats or people having to choose between back-slung rifles and shoes in six months! :wink:

Bethesda's vanilla allocations are as follows. I'll update this list if needed depending on how the conversation shakes out. I've given examples of the unique places these are used if you want to go look at them in FO4Edit.

SLOT NAME USED FOR EXAMPLE

30 - Head - Head Primary (Hats/Helmets)
31 - Hair - Hair (Pompador Wig)
32 - Body - Decapitate? Used for Eyebot Back Radio And Feral Ghoul Withered Head - removes the head of the human model when used.
33 - Hands - Torso Primary
34 - Forearms - Left Hand Primary (Used only in outfits that have gloves)
35 - Amulet - Right Hand Primary (Used only in outfits that have gloves)
36 - Ring - Pelvis (Super Mutant Chains and Feral Ghoul Pants)
37 - Feet - Left Arm Primary (Feral Ghoul Armwraps)
38 - Calves - Right Arm Primary (Feral Ghoul Armwraps)
39 - Shield - Left Foot Primary (Feral Ghoul Footwraps)
40 - Tail - Right Foot Primary (Feral Ghoul Footwraps)
41 - LongHair - Torso Secondary (Chest Armor)
42 - Circlet - Left Arm Secondary (Power Armor Left Arm, Super Mutant Bracers)
43 - Ears - Right Arm Secondary (Power Armor Right Arm, Super Mutant Bracers, Chain Dog Collar)
44 - Unnamed - Left Leg Secondary (Power Armor Left Leg, Super Mutant Leg Armor)
45 - Unnamed - Right Leg Secondary (Power Armor Right Leg, Super Mutant Leg Armor)
46 - Unnamed - Head Secondary (Visor, Super Mutant Helmet/Hat, Synth Heads, Dog Muzzle/Helmet)
47 - Unnamed - Eyewear (Blindfold, Eyeglasses/Goggles or Synth's Robotic Bits)
48 - Unnamed - Nose (Surgical Mask, Bandanas, Sack Hoods, Hazmat Suit, Synth Helmet)
49 - Unnamed - Mouth (Surgical Mask, Bandanas, Sack Hoods, Hazmat Suit, Synth Helmet)
50 - DecapitateHead - Neck (Dog Collar)
51 - Decapitate - Left Hand Secondary (Wedding Rings and Feral Ghoul Bloody Hands)

52 - Unnamed - Right Hand Secondary (Unused, but assumed based on the use of slot 51)

59 - Unnamed - Shield (Behemoth Shield)
60 - Unnamed - Misc attachments (Pipboy/Carried Baby/Mirelurk Shield)
61 - Unnamed - FX01 (Used for attaching effects)

If you don't tick 33 your pipboy is invisible. So you wouldn't be able to see your map, inventory, etc.

That's an interesting find... are your hands still visible, or the whole arm disappears?

If you don't tick 33 your pipboy is invisible. So you wouldn't be able to see your map, inventory, etc.

That's an interesting find... are your hands still visible, or the whole arm disappears?

http://i.imgur.com/xediHeE.jpg

That's Maxson's Battlecoat equipped with these slots ticked

http://i.imgur.com/iMtE2Qx.jpg

It also makes the armor completely invisible. So you're completely naked.

I'm currently working on another custom mesh and for whatever reason it's invisible (albeit the pipboy actually shows up lol) unless I tick 41, 42, and 43

Edited by GuybrushMancomb