Covenant?

Lessabos

I came here for this very discussion!

I apologize for the newbish question, but which console commands do I need to clean up Covenant:

1. I've got a body I need to bury behind the woodshed.

2. I'd like to either convince the turrets they are mine, or disappear them.

3. I'd like to change ownership of the various things that the game thinks I'm stealing. Since they were likely stolen from the caravaneers who stopped off and were abducted for the good doctor's tests, I beg to differ.

1. Click it, "markfordelete", "disable". Gone.

Mind you, personally I just pick up the corpses and dump them somewhere out of the way.

2. Click it, "markfordelete", "disable". Gone.

Might want to shoot and loot first. Or set up another turret to shoot them first, so you don't use your own ammo. Or not. Up to you.

3. Why bother? There is no karma system in FO4. The only downside is that SOME companions dislike stealing, but then Dogmeat doesn't give a damn, and MacCready actually LIKES stealing. No, seriously, his opinion of you actually goes UP whenever you take red stuff. So just bring him along when you need to pick a place clean of stuff that is owned.

I'm currently just starting Covenant and already know I will probably have to execute all of those "For the good of Mankind!" murderers. So, planning ahead

What happens if after having destroyed the gun turrets, I Build replacements in the exact same location? Wouldn't that cancel the hostile turrets from reappearing?

Likewise, scrap all the doors and install replacements? Also with all the lockable containers and beds.

Yeah,I agree that taking over Covenant as a settlement is problematic atm and is immersion breaking due to its flawed design.

I've had to use the console commands to reset ownership of beds etc but I feel the entire settlement needs to be modded so that when you take it over [ie; kill all its inhabitants] the entire settlement becomes yours.

The beds are another issue that really is annoying plus any of the consumable objects there are also tagged as owned which is just stupid.

The gun turrets should just need repairing instead of having to destroy them and building your own. Plus they should fire on you when you attack the place instead of doing nothing.

I make Covenant my main base of operations as it's central [enough] and as well has intact housing that allows you to hide from those radiation storms.

I would also like to see the house that housed the bar & medical clinic be modded so that instead of having to build your own bar & clinic, you just assign people there to run the place.

I wish I had the time plus ability to build a mod that would fix Covenant but alas I'm not that guy.

edit:

I just found that Havax has created a small mod/tweak that goes some way into fixing some of the issues raised here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5111/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D5111%26preview%3D&pUp=1