Break down weapons into mods

VDantes

I would really love to be able to break down a weapon in the constituent mods it's made of. Like in addition to the "scrap" option, there should be a "break down" option which turns the gun into the mods it has, rather than the junk. It sucks that if we want to pull the barrel off of one gun and add it to another, we have to build a new one to replace it first. It's a waste of materials and makes no sense. We should also be able to scrap mods into junk and it would be really cool if we could build new weapons entirely from mods, for instance, select a receiver mod and the build onto it from there, adding a barrel and a grip or stock, and so on.

Additionally, mods should really be interchangeable if they look the same. All pipe weapon mods look identical, but none of them are interchangeable; pipe revolver mods won't fit onto a pipe bolt action gun, etc. Similarly with the combat rifle and combat shotgun, their mods should be interchangeable.

I thought the same immediately, but the problem lies in magic weapons. Which part of a cryo shotgun or plasma infused pistol retains the trait. I would purpose the receiver as simple solution, but what if you wanted to change that part? Or if the trait was tied to a random component, u might use an Ice barrel, double shot receiver, plasma mag, explosive shot marksmen's stock, and make some crazy weapons that wreck the "balance" of the game.

The good news is junk is easy to come by, and u get exp for making all those unnecessary parts. If u sleep first u can an even more from being "well rested"

I think the only way to deal with that in a balanced way is that you should either lose any legendary effects if you break them down, or just make it so you can't break down legendary weapons at all. I mean, you can't scrap them, so being unbreakable would kind of make sense. I don't like the idea of having the effect tied to a random component, that would inevitably lead to OP exploitation. Binding the effect to the receiver would mean that you couldn't upgrade the receiver of a legendary weapon, which would suck. If you tie the effect to any particular part, then you limit the modability of that weapon. I think it makes the most sense that a weapon loses its specialness if you totally break it apart. Break the weapon and break the legend. Or just keep them unscrapable and unbreakable.

I thought the same immediately, but the problem lies in magic weapons. Which part of a cryo shotgun or plasma infused pistol retains the trait. I would purpose the receiver as simple solution, but what if you wanted to change that part? Or if the trait was tied to a random component, u might use an Ice barrel, double shot receiver, plasma mag, explosive shot marksmen's stock, and make some crazy weapons that wreck the "balance" of the game.

The good news is junk is easy to come by, and u get exp for making all those unnecessary parts. If u sleep first u can an even more from being "well rested"

Simple. You break down a magic weapon, you lose the magic. Simple as that. It's what you get for playing with sorcery.

That said, I wouldn't mind a mod that removes magical weapons from the game except in some specialty cases.

Simple. You break down a magic weapon, you lose the magic. Simple as that. It's what you get for playing with sorcery.

That said, I wouldn't mind a mod that removes magical weapons from the game except in some specialty cases.

If you mean legendary weapons, check http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3157/?

About the other magic effects i am too thinking of a way and maybe it could be to add for example cryo ammunitions that can be used with a specific mod to male the effect more lore friendly.