Alchemy - Tedious and Unnecessary?

cheimison

I agree with the roleplaying point of view. If I'm playing a warrior, no Alchemy for me. Buy 'dem potions. A priest or warrior priest? Some Alchemy. A wizard or spell-sword? a bit more Alchemy. On my next play-through, I'm going to emulate Mr. Livingstone (of "Concerned" and "Living in Oblivion" fame) and try playing a herbalist. Alchemy to the max. (And my follower will actually be my bodyguard.) I'll use "Live Another Life" by the esteemed Mr. Arthmoor to avoid that whole nasty, messy Helgen/Dragon mess...

Also, while I've got your attention, could you all please answer the following Alchemy related questions...

Have you ever:

A) Accidently killed yourself at low level by eating too many ingredients at once to discover thier properties?

B) Run off the edge of a cliff chasing butterflies?

C) Run into an angry pack of trolls (is there any other type?) while chasing butterflies?

'Cause I'm guilty on all three counts....

I agree with the roleplaying point of view. If I'm playing a warrior, no Alchemy for me. Buy 'dem potions. A priest or warrior priest? Some Alchemy. A wizard or spell-sword? a bit more Alchemy. On my next play-through, I'm going to emulate Mr. Livingstone (of "Concerned" and "Living in Oblivion" fame) and try playing a herbalist. Alchemy to the max. (And my follower will actually be my bodyguard.) I'll use "Live Another Life" by the esteemed Mr. Arthmoor to avoid that whole nasty, messy Helgen/Dragon mess...

Also, while I've got your attention, could you all please answer the following Alchemy related questions...

Have you ever:

A) Accidently killed yourself at low level by eating too many ingredients at once to discover thier properties?

B) Run off the edge of a cliff chasing butterflies?

C) Run into an angry pack of trolls (is there any other type?) while chasing butterflies?

'Cause I'm guilty on all three counts....

A) Yes, a number of times lol ...and then you add some Mod ingredients also and find out their really OP the hard way O.o

B) No, I haven't managed that one lol ...but I do play third person which is probably a great help avoiding that problem :)

C) Not just angry Trolls, but a number of beasties and bad guys hell bent on ending the Dragonborns budding career :)