Zombies are to fast

daganshou

Not that I'm aware of.

Personally, I like the change with ghouls. I play primarily as a sniper type of character. But the ghouls made me realize I needed a sidearm for close encounters. I generally am able to take them out at range but they do get to you at times, especially given the tight confines of certain maps. Early in the game, if several get the jump on you and you're not geared for close combat whatsoever... You're in big trouble. Tread carefully.

Sidearm is a must for any sniping character. There are always surprises in close range.

My favorite so far is the Deliverer. Nice damage for a pistol, awesome rate of fire. I'd like to have reflex sights though. Maybe a mod will fix that.

My sidearm is the submachine gun when I am playing a sniper. Collect all the .45 rounds I see and spray n pray when they get too close. For stealth infil/interior CQB I use a silenced "assault" rifle that's really a mod combat rifle that uses 5.56 instead of .45 because Bethesda didn't give us an assault rifle, they gave us a machine gun and named it assault and 2 submachine guns.

The only issue I have with their speed is they have the same magic dodge as everyone else including Skyrim NPC's except unlike Skyrim they don't dodge a stealth attack from behind. They still warp 1-2 meters to the left or right impossibly fast but worse they also duck! Bethesda needs to tone the dodge down to more realistic speeds instead of moving so fast they are doing the Picard Maneuver. Slower dodge with the run speed and duck/trip and they would be perfect.

You need to shoot 'em in the... legs. No, really. Very effective. =^[.]^=

Or a shotgun to the head.

Might be effective at normal difficulty, but on survival always go for the legs. I only whish i had a ghoul slaying 10mm for exactly this purpose.

An explosive one would be even better. You don't even need to hit the legs. Crazy good on ghouls.

Explosive weapons can be very dangerous to you if the enemy is on you already. I found that out when I had a TOTALLY AWESOME SMG with that, "Spray 'N Pray" since the Explosions it causes also can hurt you.

I don't care for these sprinting ghouls. What annoys me most is when I'm trying to hit one with my melee weapon and it interrupts my attack. That needs to change. You can still shoot while being slapped around by ghouls though.

The point of leg shots is immobilisation. Legless Feral are then easily finished with a headshot, glowing ones first of course. You can down four as they rush you using VATS and because they are running so fast, they generally land at your feet.

Keeping out of melee range is prudent, as they will still kill if they can reach. Also if you can one shot them easily, a leg shot will do that.

Remember this isn't your normal, sniping at long range tactic.

This is a short range about to be swarmed emergency tactic.

The best weaponry for this is very fast AP, 4 is the most I've seen with high crippling chance, not the easiest traits to find.

Weapon Mods can vary the effectiveness considerably.

The shotgun to the head, finisher, is used, if mobile ferals remain and always used for glowing ones, which must be finished immediately on downing them.

If you've downed all the normal ghouls, finish at leisure with ammo/gun you'd never normally use, like the 10 mm.

On the subject of the OP, I don't know how much you can slow down game time. Skyrim had an Ini setting for Game Time.

You can try it and see if it works in F4.

Edited by UhuruNUru