ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Boxcars Companion?

CZukoff

On my third play through I couldn't help but laugh yet again while talking to Boxcars (after slaughtering the NCRCF inhabitants mind you) when the thought suddenly hit me. He would make a truly awesome sidekick companion amiright?

SO lets get to one of 2 points!

1: Is there anyone in this incredible community who would be willing to bring Boxcars to the couriers A-team?

*If no to #1 see #2

2: In case It's too much of a bother to be made, would someone be willing to post a link so I can flex my flimsily moder muscle at this?

Any input would generate an internet cookie from me :)

Also first post woot!

How would he walk around? The legion crippled his legs didn't they?

Doctor's bag and a high medicine skill?

Edit: Or maybe you could give him a combined dose of Med-X, Hydra, and a Super Stimpak.

Edit: Or just give him a pep-talk and convince him his leg ain't so bad, if you have a high enough speech skill.

Edited by TraderRager

Oooooh theres a real project, model a wheel chair and make a new set of animations for it... A fun idea to think about is him using a minigun or rocket launcher while scooting around yelling obscenities as he attempts to run down a death claw.

The more thought that goes into this makes him seem more and more like one of the best sidekicks in a video game. :P

we already have a wheel chair in doc mitcheal's home. and of course the grindhouse style wheelchair of doom, (not to be mistaken for the "Lonewolf and Cub" baby stroller of doom) has appeared in a few movies...

payback is a mother<germanic for to force, plant, penetrate or rape>-er, legion <female dogs> I am going to <germanic for to force, plant, penetrate, oor rape> you up sixteen ways till the <forcing> post apacalypse.

I have the tools but am sadly lacking in knowledge on all fronts to even attempt this. Plenty of ideas and spare time to pick up modding as a hobby but I'm a complete foreigner when it comes to the actual practice. So if anyone here knows a good place to start learning I would be truly grateful.

A lot of people need to understand that just because there's a static model already ingame, it doesn't make it that much easier to mod it. It's definitely cuts back on the time it would take to actually make a wheelchair from scratch, but imo it is much much more difficult to do the animations and the rest of the scripting. Besides you might be better off rebuilding it from scratch since it's actually gotta be attached to the NPC.

it's almost like saying, "here's a picture of a car, can you drive me to the store?"

I apologize if I come off as rude, which is unintentional. just saying it's a lot more work to do it. (And it might be a little offensive to some).

It would probably be much easier then a horse mod though.

Realistically I would make a quest involving the followers near 188 where you would need to get a splint and a big bag of meds. After which you help him hobble back to the outpost and let him rest for a few days. I would like to make a serious attempt at this because I smell great potential for him being a comedic companion. He has a lot of dialog for a one off NPC honestly, and with a bit of time and effort could turn into decently fleshed out companion. That happens to not be some some female battle droid with a big chest to boot. :D

Mind you I'm not dogging the battle babes, but I really like these kind of mods that make "complex" companions instead of "Heres person Y give them guns and ammo and you get exp" I will admit that I havent ran over the site with a fine tooth comb so I will try to refrain from such statements from now on/

At the moment this post is nothing but a silly idea and me pandering for a modders boot camp site or guide for NV >_<