After creating TES5Edit merged patch Wrye Bash no longer offers bashed patch

mikeynexus

I've been using MO, TES5edit and Wrye Bash together with no problems for a long time now, and have suddenly hit a nasty problem; maybe I've always been doing something wrong and now it's having an effect.

Normally, I create my TES5edit merged patch, remove any levelled lists from it, then build a bashed patch because it apparently does a better job with levelled lists; this has been working for a long time.

Now, suddenly, I create the merged patch, remove the levelled lists, and when I open Wrye Bash in MO there is NO bashed patch listed so I can't do the usual right-click-rebuild patch. When I try right-click-File-"new bashed patch" I get this error:

>>>

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bash\basher\mods_links.pyo", line 222, in Execute
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 2125, in SelectItem
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 2239, in GetIndex
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1774, in FindIndexOf
KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Bashed Patch, 0.esp')

>>>

I have no idea what this means, so any help would be appreciated.

Note that:

1) if I do not create a TES5merge patch I can create a Bashed patch normally

2) if I disable the TES5merge patch or even completely delete it I still cannot create a bashed patch

The only thing I've started doing differently recently is using the standalone version of mator's MergePlugins. That might be a clue, but if it is, I haven't figured out how yet.

I haven't encountered that issue before, but this is what I have done.

Install mods > run LOOT > create Bashed Patch > run FNIS > run DynDOLOD if needed > create merged patch in TES5Edit

delete the leveled list items from the merged patch

double check all merged records to ensure they merged correctly

apply filter for conflict losers

determine if any should be manually merged (i.e. one mod changing a NIF assignment that overrides one that added a script) -- care must be taken and you need a good understanding of what is intended by the involved mods.

Then exit TES5Edit to save the merged patch.

Any time LOOT is ran again, I always reset the order to be:

Bashed Patch

Merged Patch

DynDOLOD

I have never used any tool to merge plugins except the few rare cases where Bashed patch says it can merge them BUT again care should be taken because it will convert BOOLs into INTs with 0/1 values and that will cause problems for the scripts relying on the value being a true/false.

I haven't encountered that issue before, but this is what I have done.

Then exit TES5Edit to save the merged patch.

Any time LOOT is ran again, I always reset the order to be:

Bashed Patch

Merged Patch

DynDOLOD

Thanks very much for your help; I'm back in business, with a better understanding of what I'm doing. :)