ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Updated Launcher will disable MODS on launch, find a fix here.

Gameaholic

This is such an annoying "feature".

Very pointless, but I'm guessing they're trying to stifle modding before the tools are released.

I don't think they are trying to "stifle modding" they are releasing fixes to vanilla which is what the majority of user are running they have promised the SDK early next year when the game has stabilised. I run hundreds of mods in Skyrim with reasonable stability and eventually I am sure I will run hundreds of mods in FO4.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why some people are doing contortionism to fix this. Just launch the game, and while on the launcher check all mods again on NMM Plugins tab.

If not using NMM, a backup of plugins.txt with all your mods listed must be made, then doing the same procedure but replacing the txt file.

Edited by fgambler

I don't know why some people are doing contortionism to fix this. Just launch the game, and while on the launcher check all mods again on NMM Plugins tab.

If not using NMM, a backup of plugins.txt with all your mods listed must be made, then doing the same procedure but replacing the txt file.

Asking for some clarification...

I use NMM so I load it up and check and all the mods have a green check. I go to the upper left and Launch Fallout4. NMM goes away and the FO4 Play\Option\Support comes up. I then open NMM again and they are all green still.. i start the game and none of my mods are working.

Did I miss something simple?

now people are saying (on steam) their save files won't load if you update if you were using mods?? screw it think i'll stay on the version i have now and leave steam on offline mode.

Edited by bladexdsl

I highly doubt Bethesda have done this to intentionally try and stop people from modding. There are any number of reasons why they changed the launcher. They know people will find a way around it so I doubt they'd waste the effort trying to do it. Not saying this as a Bethesda fanboy or even to try and defend Bethesda, I'm just saying logically it's highly unlikely and people should stop jumping to conclusions or thinking Bethesda is out to get modders. Considering that modding is a big part of why their games are so successful, they'd be stupid to try and stop it happening.

Considering the Launcher was DELIBERATELY changed to uncheck the .esps, yes they HAVE done this intentionally.

This is such an annoying "feature".

Very pointless, but I'm guessing they're trying to stifle modding before the tools are released.

I don't think they are trying to "stifle modding" they are releasing fixes to vanilla which is what the majority of user are running they have promised the SDK early next year when the game has stabilised. I run hundreds of mods in Skyrim with reasonable stability and eventually I am sure I will run hundreds of mods in FO4.

Use the Fallout 4 script extender launcher (f4se.silverlock.org) and all your .esp mods will still work. It bypasses the Bethesda launcher.