Updated Launcher will disable MODS on launch, find a fix here.

Gameaholic

Hi everyone, would just like to say big thanks for your quick postings on here to get the great game back up and running for us people who like to use a mod or two.

Unfortunately, I am still having a major issue though. After the game updated, and I found out about everything that had gone wrong, I decided to use the fallout 4 script extender as a workaround. The few mods I had installed all started working ok, until I exited out of my power armour and tried to access my pip boy to fast travel someplace, only to find the pip boy no longer comes up. all I get is the text at the bottom of the screen asking whether you want the local map or world map, but no pipboy. Funny thing is, I get back in the power armour and I can access it in that,

I only had the mods 4k enhanced blood, black and red grognak, black maxons battlecoat, enhanced wasteland preset, dark assassin faded trench coat, legendary modification, caits Harley quin retexture & blood angels death company battle armour installed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all those mods, used script extender and steam to log into the game, I have even reinstalled the game tonight in case some pipboy texture file was missing or something, but nothing ive done has fixed the problem.

I can only assume this is another side effect of the update today, and the fact they left the beta launcher in the install.

Today has been a complete nightmare, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A more permanent solution rather than re-enabling all mods in NMM each time is to download Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE).

Check the Readme and install. Then just launch from the installed f4se_loader.exe file as it tells you and it will skip the Launcher which is disabling the mods. It's easy enough to uninstall if required by simply removing the three installed files.

Suggest you make a shortcut to this and place on the dektop or toolbar. Make a shortcut and add a Fallout 4 icon if you want.

I understood why Bethesda did this during the beta testing but retaining this barrier to mods in the live version doesn;t seem to make sense as those who do use mods will just get confused after they have worked fine since launch.

it depends on what type of mods your using. Mesh and texture mods will be fine and continue to work. Mods that use .esp's will be disabled. This is to be expected at this point in the games life. remember that the GECK has not even been released yet and any mod that is built without the official tools has a high chance of being broken by an update of the game.

The thing people seem to be missing is that we don't even know what changes were made in the new update yet! Even if you seem to get the Pre-GECK mods working by tricking the launcher, The mods still may need to be fixed or rebuilt to work with the Game update.

You may get the mods running only to find that they now Break your save or crash your game.

This is just a warning and I'm not saying don't try to use mods! I just want to let the new people know that they may run into issues.