Database Breach - An Update

Dark0ne

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update!!! Great communication on your part! Kudos.

One thing i'd like to mention is the file you mentioned as suspect that dsound.dll file is mentioned in the http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/? console enabler mod updated 14 oct 2015. Perhaps you can ask that modder about that file.

That mod is for the Witcher 3 whereas the mods mentioned were for Fallout 4.

My guess is that they have no connection -- it's just a dll that gets loaded by the game in order to inject or modify game code.

Edited by NeoH4x0r

In response to post #31642040.

xTheRiflemanx wrote: Your handling of this should be used to train people on how to deal with this type of issue. I truly appreciate how honest and frank you have been with us. There is no lock that can't be picked, and this sort of thing can happen with any site. It's how you handle it that matters. And I feel you have handled it admirably. I've recommended this site to many of my friends, and I will continue to do so.

I agree.

In response to post #31642040. #31651255 is also a reply to the same post.

xTheRiflemanx wrote: Your handling of this should be used to train people on how to deal with this type of issue. I truly appreciate how honest and frank you have been with us. There is no lock that can't be picked, and this sort of thing can happen with any site. It's how you handle it that matters. And I feel you have handled it admirably. I've recommended this site to many of my friends, and I will continue to do so.
Elgar82 wrote: I agree.

I am at a loss for words Dark0ne. I can do nothing but agree with everything xTheRiflemanx says here. Your teams swift actions and your upfront reporting of this incident really makes me glad to be a part of this community.

Problem with a smartphone authenticator is not everyone has one. I use my phone to make calls and that's it. Been using the same phone since high school. Still works for what I need. I shouldn't be forced to buy something to use this site. I also shouldn't be forced to use chrome for this site. Don't like it and don't have it installed. If I'm forced to use chrome the site will take a serious step back in my eyes.

A bit concerned about the lack of HTTPS used across nexusmods.com in general.

For example from the user area if I want to change my password, I am redirected to:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email

instead of the https version. Does this mean that my data is being sent 'in the clear' (i.e. unencrypted)?

Edited by nexnr