Database Breach - An Update

Dark0ne

Well done! Seing the Nexus monopolize the whole modding industry, such things are expected. Competition never sleeps! Sadly, thats the only way they can have direct influence on the network, rather than being fair competitors and actually do something new and innovative that can compete. Keep up the good work, man!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31697065.

XunAmarox wrote: Moving away from our forum software sounds pretty scary... the comment system on the site proper is often pretty buggy.

Grid multifactor authentication is my favorite. LastPass has it as an option. Not everyone has a smart phone, you should keep that in mind.

If I recall correctly, the comment system on the site is actually just a frontend for a hidden forum category.

i think the site might be infected i got a redirect to a mailware site on a Fresh boot pc that was rebooted a day ago (full reinstall of windows) so i know i dont got any virus or mailwear on my end but the site it self keeps sending me to some site caiming that my firefox needs to be updated when i just installed a New firefox fully updated Edited by SirPhoenixBlood

In response to post #31697065. #31713410 is also a reply to the same post.

XunAmarox wrote: Moving away from our forum software sounds pretty scary... the comment system on the site proper is often pretty buggy.

Grid multifactor authentication is my favorite. LastPass has it as an option. Not everyone has a smart phone, you should keep that in mind.
hero_lief wrote: If I recall correctly, the comment system on the site is actually just a frontend for a hidden forum category.

Correct, commenting on the sites is actually just posting on our forums.

In response to post #31709715.

slakmoh wrote: So what if people who have had their information taken don't see this post? Why did I have to hear about this on another site instead of receiving an email saying I should change my password??

Because sending an email to 10 million people would take us about 6-12 months, and have us flagged in every SPAM database on the planet. It's likely by the time the script got around to your email being sent, you wouldn't have even received it. Edited by Dark0ne

Been following this since the original announcement, but hadn't commented before this.

I work in IT, and I have no complaints at all about how this was handled on your end. You did a much better job with it and with communicating to us than a lot of large companies have done.

Thank you.

So how can I delete my account now in a way that my data is completely removed from your databases? I can't find a way and I'd like to know how long you keep my data around.

You have users with inactive mail adresses. Do you ever clean your database, like delete inactive accounts? You can't possibly have millions of active users. Having so many adresses of course makes you a target.

Man, and I had wondered about all those recent spam mails I kept getting.

This is really the last straw for me, I don't wanna use your site anymore please. And if you moderate away this post I'll be really angry. I hope you realize you have a bad reputation already.

In response to post #31715540.

a1021 wrote: So how can I delete my account now in a way that my data is completely removed from your databases? I can't find a way and I'd like to know how long you keep my data around.
You have users with inactive mail adresses. Do you ever clean your database, like delete inactive accounts? You can't possibly have millions of active users. Having so many adresses of course makes you a target.
Man, and I had wondered about all those recent spam mails I kept getting.
This is really the last straw for me, I don't wanna use your site anymore please. And if you moderate away this post I'll be really angry. I hope you realize you have a bad reputation already.

If you have gotten recent spam mails from a hack that occurred in 2013 you probably have a different issue.