You drop Item They will pick it up!

GromDamian

We drop Items for example in the middle of the street,

and our settlers pick up item and wear it or replace if item is more worthy than currently wearing.

Old item is dropped on floor(so some one else can pick up).

So we save time without runing all around a base and spending years equipping them.

Regards!

Funny sort of off-topic story. I killed Trashcan Carla "Preston Disliked That" in Sanctuary but her brahmin wouldn't leave and is apparently unkillable, not knowing this I punched it and my settlement all out rioted. Preston tried to kill me and others jumped in my three power armor suits either trying to kill me or the minutemen. It was the most action I've seen in the game lol.

That's when I found out all my gear was up for grabs if left out.

I think someone else talked about this settler chest before on this forum, settlements seem to be getting a huge upgrade when CK is released.

How about the ability to flag a constructed container as "settler accessible" and have them take and equip from it if they wish?[/qoute]

Isn't this already in-game?

I built a steamer trunk, and I store my unused weapons inside it. Once during a Deathclaw attack, I saw the familiar mushroom cloud of a mini-nuke. Sure enough, one of my settlers was roaming around with with a fat man, and the one I had stored in the trunk was missing.

They also have a habit of grabbing unused power armor.

Perhaps making this mod will not need a whole new "system" in place, but rather just a few tweaks to what is already there.