need help please

blizzerada

I am having a bit of a difficult time here. I can play the game if its in windowed mode not full screen. if I try to load it full screen then it most times just freezes. sometimes it will start to load then freeze. but I can always load it in windowed mode no problems. ive tried messing with the in menu settings. This is a good computer its an ASUS built by republic of gaming. Im running nividia and windows 8.1 (im not really that tech savvy so if you can explain a possible fix in laymans terms it would be appreciated. ) thank you for the help in advance.

Edited by blizzerada

right click the desktop, the blank part, personalize, if there is a classic in there use that, or take the time to make one, which if I remember is changing the settings inside the classic so that it looks like XP Vista, an such, that way it will look new, but is really the old one, from that go to windows sounds, an disable them all so there is no sounds coming from windows, disable all windows security features, you can keep the firewall but you should use a better one, you can keep windows defender too, UAC I think it's called, the anoying one, an anything that warns you when you do stuff, make sure you are the admin. Then I'd need to know how you launch the game? But you can also look for a fake full screen mode for FO4 or install Vogue ENB a high performance ENB that fixes the downright terrible way the game looks, The goal is to get you into full screen mode from the other things you miss out on from being windowed. To speed up the launching process install the script extender an use NMM, Mod Organizer, the script extender launcher with a fallout icon on it you'll have to set it to use the icon an you can put that anywhere, it just launches the game an patches it to add commands we need to make better mods, you can also rename falloutlauncher to falloutlauncherBAK an name the Fallout4.exe to FalloutLauncher an then steam will launch the game directly anyway that you can launch games via steam, bbl

Yeah disabling all the security features windows has, is always the best idea... NOT! Not at all. If something does not run properly with this features active, its not worth running. But i can safely say, F04 is running perfectly fine with defender, firewall and UAC enabled.

Disabling is the safest way possible to get rid of controlling your own computer.

Get a real viral malware program for that. Hate the idea all you want, but Win7 is Vista, an had/has many problems with UAC an the fancy desktop with games, because I do a lot of that on this terminal, despite whatever windows has to offer with that, it interferes with the process of using the terminal, an the games I use the terminal for. Unless you are a single mother or child that doesn't know what computers are, an have no experience as a admin, you don't need it. Go ask on Winseven forums. You gota turn that remote control of the computer off even for microsoft, not do anything you shouldn't, an have a virus malware defense. It's not that the game conflicts with these things, the modding does in theoretic rumor. You wanted games an mods, you'll just have to decide to pull the pants down on the computer an become the admin or not. At any rate I can't help you from your ideas of what you as the admin should be doing. You should see more advanced technical support. Sorry.

Sorry, KimberJ, but you are talking bullshit. I know many FO4 users, running win7, UAC and everything else on default, and its all fine. You seem like some kind of computer-esotericism-guru. Telling people, with no clue, to deactivate all of windows securty-mechanism is totally nuts. More, its grossly negligent. Will you take responsibility when there computers been hacked?

Sorry, KimberJ, but you are talking bulls***. I know many FO4 users, running win7, UAC and everything else on default, and its all fine. You seem like some kind of computer-esotericism-guru. Telling people, with no clue, to deactivate all of windows securty-mechanism is totally nuts. More, its grossly negligent. Will you take responsibility when there computers been hacked?

sounds like you routinely install into the programs directory

:devil:

Sorry, KimberJ, but you are talking bulls***. I know many FO4 users, running win7, UAC and everything else on default, and its all fine. You seem like some kind of computer-esotericism-guru. Telling people, with no clue, to deactivate all of windows securty-mechanism is totally nuts. More, its grossly negligent. Will you take responsibility when there computers been hacked?

Sorry, was trying to help. Stuff like this worked in the past. Making it a possible solution. Maybe you should read more if you're spending your time attacking people's guru'ness. But fine, I'll stop trying to help people. Nice job. Good day.

Preventing you from helping was not my intention. But you can´t give people with no clue advises the put in danger. They deactivate all the stuff, and maybe, the game runs. But what do they gain from it? Yeah they can run a game, wohoo. But a week later, they´re computer is full with viruses, malware or completly hijacked, because of your "solution". Thats the problem.

Too many "how-to´s" mention to deactivate the antivirus-software for example, to do certain things. But they all forget to clarify, thats only for testing purposes, and you have to reavtivate or change, it thats the problem.

Hey, i had same problem. It seems launcher resets resolution for some reason.

You have to edit two different ini files to be exact same:

Fallout4Prefs.Ini in your user/.../documents/My Games/Fallout4 folder

AND

Fallout4Prefs.ini in your Steam/SteamApps/Common/Fallout4 folder there is another Fallout4 folder there that has only one file and its Fallout4Prefs.ini.

If you edit both of these files

Find similar to this:

bTopMostWindow=0
bMaximizeWindow=1
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0

And change it to values i have here.

Also Make sure resulutionvalues:

iSize H
iSize W

are same in both files.

Save both files and then start fallout only with Fallout4.exe, not Fallout4Launcher.exe

This fixed me the fullscreen problem.