Noob to modding having 1 or 2 problems can you help

lonestalker

I have purchased oblivion and started downloading mods but i have come across a few unexpected glitches first when ever i install a mod that adds an object into the world "ie. Abondoned Village of Lily" it will not place the town in the gaming world is this a common problem or am i doing something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated !

Is Oblivion installed in the default location C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86)\... AND are you running either Windows 7 or Vista? If so you could be running afoul of the Microsoft security feature UAC. It won't cause problems with Oblivion until you start adding mods. UAC 'protects' your programs installed in Program Files by preventing changes to them ... just what mods need to do. If that's the case then one of the moderators here bben46 has posted this uninstall/re-install guide to help get the job of moving Oblivion out from under UAC's influence done completely and correctly.

Then you are doing something wrong. Always read installation instructions very carefully. Note that files you download are usually .zip, .7z or .rar files. These are archives and they need to be extracted -- don't put them directly into your Oblivion\Data folder. First, extract them to a temporary location (you can do this with 7Zip, which is free). Once you have extracted the mod examine it's structure along with reading any instructions. Oblivion mods must always go into the Oblivion folder like so:

..\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\..

..\Oblivion\Data\Textures\..

..\Oblivion\Data\Sound\..

..\Oblivion\Data\Music\..

This is the folder sctructure that you MUST stick to when you install any mod. The .esp files go directly into the Data folder like so:

..\Oblivion\Data\modname.esp

Then please post your load order, and mention which mod/s you are having problems with.

My Currant load order is

Oblivion.esm

personality_idles2.esp

Village of the lily2.0.esp

_Ren_Beautypack_onlyhairs.esp

AnimhiRace-RensBeautyPackHairsOnly.esp

Nec Mystic High Elf-Remake.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

AinmhiRace.esp

I Am Having Trouble with Village of the lily

and I have removed others that dont work Such As

Corthian Akavir Clothing,HentaiLovelyHouse2-36673-2-0,HGEC_Sexy_Ghost_Armor-35631-1-0

Guitar_mod-19391,Colourwheels_Sexy_Office_n_ShopKeeper_Uniforms_V1_1-21107,Colourwheels_Sexy_Christmas_Outfit_HGEC-36167-1 and the list will keep going on it is more

or less all mods that add an item or structure to the game world but i have had them running before

but i needed to format

I Also Have HGEC And Robs Body Replacers Installed

This is really simple so im sure you will have tried it, however i didnt see anyone mention this in the topic.

When you first load oblivion and you get the menu screen. Click the 'Data Files' button and ensure the 'X' next to the custom mods you have installed is checked.

This should then load any new mods you have installed.

Edited by Glenn1990

As Glen1990 says, make sure that you have activated the village mod. It is a very simple mod, which I just downloaded and installed, and it's there on the road to Cheydinhal.

On a side note, _Ren_Beautypack_onlyhairs.esp and _Ren_Beautypack_full.esp are mutually exclusive.

You should not install both at the same time. The onlyhairs version is exactly the same as the full version

except it does not have the races that the full version has.