T-60 vs T-51b Powerarmor - lore.

ekRapid

The inv weight is... a whole other issue. It's not just out of date, it's a step back compared to FO3 and NV. At least FO3 and NV had realistic armour and weapon weight, except for the power armours.

E.g., in FO3 Chinese Power Rifle weighed 7 pounds, the HK G3 was 7 pounds too, and a bolt-action Hunting Rifle was 6 pounds. That's actually very reasonable and realistic. In FO4 you can easily have modded combat rifles that weigh like 27 pounds. What. The. Hell?

That's not out of date, that's Skyrim weights.

The are several places in the game where it makes sense for the powerarmor to have survived intact as it has, due to difficulties for raiders and others in obtaining the pieces. I think we should see more top gunners and raiders leaders with suits, that makes sense lore wise, considering there must have been hundreds to thousands of suits in the commonwealth, this also leads t obetter boss fights.

Edited by erezike

The are several places in the game where it makes sense for the powerarmor to have survived intact as it has, due to difficulties for raiders and others in obtaining the pieces. I think we should see more top gunners and raiders leaders with suits, that makes sense lore wise, considering there must have been hundreds to thousands of suits in the commonwealth, this also leads t obetter boss fights.

Get more levels. Because that is exactly what I see with a more advanced game. Not sure if difficulty plays a role but mine is set to Survival. Seeing the leaders of a Gunner, Raider group in Power Armor or with a Power Armor frame with some pieces has become an expected thing.

The first mod, I will be making a realistic modification to the game to rid it of the table top rpg mechanics that have no place in a modern 3d game. It will solve the powerarmor inconsistency we see in later parts of the game.

IMO all power armors should be able to bring something to the table and spawn based on a rarity scale rather than progression

Raider PA should be the most common, easiest and cheapest to upgrade and repair (requires no skills to upgrade) but have low physical and energy DR (but still higher than any that specify "lowest resist")

T-45 should be slightly less common, have the highest physical resist but the lowest energy resist

T-60 (renamed to T-48 because it has no significant lore behind it and looks like a modified T-45 suit) should be moderately rarer than T-45 and have high physical and energy DR (but still significantly lower than any that specify the highest)

T-51 should be significantly rarer than T-48 and have the highest energy resist and the lowest physical resist

X-01 should be the rarest in the game (at most showing up as 1 piece on a random frame spawn), have medium physical and energy DR and each piece grants a boost in vats specific to the part (I.E. head grants vats accuracy, arms reduce vats cost, legs increase ap regen, and torso grants bonus damage in vats)