Creating new perks

Reflex18

How would a person go about creating entirely new perks for fallout 4 as its a completely new system compared to fallout nv. The special requirements and only having 10 perks per special seems to limit the amount you can create besides just swapping one perk out for another.

Even if the creation system was here now a modder would have to create an entirely new page to host more perks or have an entirely new system in-place. So are there any ideas of how to fit new perks into the current fallout 4 system?

Well... because of how the current perks are selected upon leveling up... unless someone completely alters that animation selection system the only way that I can think of would be to script the perk to be added upon quest completion. To that end and to surmise my point, because of the way the current select perk screen works it isn't currently possible to add perks by leveling up and selecting them, but... they can still be added as rewards for completing specific tasks.

I wonder if it would be possible to create an item that when consumed granted the player a perk and also take away a perk point at the same time. If the perks were made to be requirements from other perks as a special sort of specialization. This might be able to bypass the perk screen while also giving the player perk information inside of the pipboy after getting the perk.

Edit: Found the perk called wired reflexes fourm id 000eecbf that grants the player an extra 15 action points. This perk would be great as a specialization perk after getting both ranks of action boy/girl.

Edited by Reflex18

You don't have to integrate new perks into the current skill tree just make a new second perk tree with 70 perks in the exact same way one perk per special stat each having a different amount of ranks. Also just a suggestion make it so that you get 2 perk points per level and have each perk tree share the perk points also don't force the player to put 1 point in each tree it should be there choice where to put there points in each tree.

You don't have to integrate new perks into the current skill tree just make a new second perk tree with 70 perks in the exact same way one perk per special stat each having a different amount of ranks.

That is a very restrictive way of creating perks as it requires special points in the exact same way as the default tree. What if i want to have single rank perks that require other perks from the first page? What if i want general perks that only require a high level? What if i want to create a large amount of perks that only require 3 points of (insert special point here).

Overall there needs to be a better way of creating more perks without resorting to the normal restrictive perk poster setup.

Edited by Reflex18