Thinking of modding your school into Oblivion?

Dark0ne

News Artice

Due to the humour the report added I found it a little difficult to determine the real facts of the incident (I find most American/UK news reporting humorous even when they're trying to be serious...so meh) but it's an interesting one none-the-less.

God bless America and all that.

I posted this link on a topic in the Off Topic Forum (Ad for a Sword Website)

It's just another case of Americans over-reacting (again)

But this quote from the article:

According to the school manual, "Level 3" covers situations where a student "engages in conduct relating to a false alarm or report or a terrorist threat involving a public school."

takes the biscuit tin.

If it is Terrorism (it's not) then lock up most of the modding commuinty.

'Alternative Education' sounds pretty grim, especialy as it 'has a crack terrorism response force.'

Since when did a 'Alternative Education Center' require 'a crack terrorism response force.'

It sounded completely believable until I came to...

Sword ownership rights have been under heavy fire since they were determined to be the leading cause of death during the Siege of Acre in the third crusade.

WTF?!

When I came to that, I had to reread it to make sure I read that right.

Wow, it is real then.

Hmmm, my school would be so easy to put into a game. I'm homeschooled, so I'll I need is my living room and bathroom, maybe the kitchen. :P

Sword ownership rights have been under heavy fire since they were determined to be the leading cause of death during the Siege of Acre in the third crusade.

WTF o_O ! These people do realize that was over eight hundred years ago, dont they. And besides, can you actually imagine some kid trying to hide a long sword in his back pack?