Skyrim just... doesn't work anymore

nalathequeen2186

I'm making this post in a sort of dull desperation because I'm rapidly losing all hope that my copy of Skyrim will ever work again, even in vanilla.

I've had it on PC for about a year and I used to have tons of mods installed. Apart from the odd crash here and there, it was mostly stable, even with 200+ mods installed. Keep in mind at this point I was still very much a novice modder, using NMM and not even understanding what SKSE did. Maybe half a year ago I switched to MO because my game was having a lot of problems, and at first it seemed to work. But then my game started having bigger problems. Problems like every save I had crashing my entire game, which necessitated a complete reinstall of the game. Then it crashed every time I entered Falkreath Hold - the ENTIRE hold crashed my game. That meant another complete reinstall. And now? Now the game crashes at an unacceptable rate. It crashes almost every time I try to save, unless I die first and then save (and that has to be repeated every fifteen minutes or it starts crashing again). It also crashes at random spots around the game, whether going through a loading screen or just running around the landscape.

I'm just... so done. I don't know what's causing it. I've looked up every variation of "how to make Skyrim stop crashing because of X" that I can think of and nothing has helped. I installed some mods that are supposed to increase stability - no change, still crashes. A month or two ago I uninstalled more than half of the mods I had left, with most of the remaining ones being things like hair and tattoo mods, no major overhauls or anything. And it's still crashing. I can't pinpoint what's causing it. I don't know what to do. Skyrim used to be my favorite game, and now playing it is just so stressful because I never know when it's going to crash next. I want to play modded Skyrim, I don't want to have to play vanilla, but if that's what it takes to make it work again then f*#@ it.

Can someone just... take a look at my load order to see if there's something that I've missed? I use MO, I pay attention to the requirements listed on every mod's page, I avoid incompatibilities, I double check everything I install. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just want my game back.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
Simplycirclets.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
SkyUI.esp
WyldMenuPlugFemale.esp
NoSneakAttackSound.esp
BHWarPaints.esp
AV1WarpaintPack.esp
AV1DragonPaint.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
iHUD.esp
Fox_breathe_low.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
Pupetteer Master.esp
DovahBlingBraceletsScr.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp
ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
Facelight.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
RaceMenu.esp
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
DovahBlingJewelrySignetRings.esp
NosPiercedEarsAll.esp
KJ Lore Tattoos 4K.esp
KJ Tattoos 4K.esp
LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dragonborn.esp
Stolen Items.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
Traps Make Noise.esp
donorcollegejoin.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
hhBelethorDialogFix.esp
CommonClothes.esp
CorrectGenderAnimations.esp
DovahBlingJewelryReplacer.esp
DovahBlingJewelryUniques.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
SkySight-Simply-Bigger-Trees-Slower-Branches.esp
Tribal Warpaint for Females.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
LPBards.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
Cloaks.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
bodyscars.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
SimplyCircletsDistro.esp
OvensAndChurnsMain.esp
OvensAndChurnsMinorInns.esp
Sleeping Innkeepers.esp
Cloaks - USKP Patch.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
Legionettes.esp
Starting Spell Choice.esp
Extended Encounters.esp
In Your Shadow.esp
In Your Shadow - Dawnguard.esp
Thief Encounter Fix.esp
mjhReducedGoldRewards.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
PreventsAccidentPickUp.esp
bm_SimpleAction.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
In Your Shadow - Dragonborn.esp
nomorestupiddog.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
XCES.esp
NB-Scars.esp
CorrectGenderAnimations-DB.esp
CorrectGenderAnimations-DG.esp
GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
VHVP.esp
Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
SaturationBoost.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Patch - Starting Spell Choice - Live Another Life.esp
These are the mods left, and it still crashes even with these. Please, if you can help at all, I'm desperate.

1) remove everything best to start with a clean slate.. re-download game from steam

2) go here http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2

3) I would suggest no enb just enboost, get enhanced blood textures but move esp into optional (make sure .bsa is cheaked in archives)

, ignore footsteps mod, dyndolod not really needed,

4) suggest adding campfire and hunterborn + patch, Ineed (step survival pack-except frostfall)

5)make a new profile in MO before adding your own mods and be careful about what you add eg check when it was updated.

and some types of mods you should only have one type like

-follower frameworks ufo, eff, and aft (suggest aft)

-only get a couple of follower mods (especially if scripted)

-only one overhaul of the following types perks (kinda advanced), vampire, werewolf.

-don't get every hair/eyes mod choose only a couple (suggest kh hairstyles- for hdt physics hair)

-only one body type for male and female (suggest uunp type with hdt physics for female)

- one skeleton (suggest xp32 extended for hdt physics)

- racemenu only as it includes the precache killer ( so no advanced character edit)

-races I don't suggest any races

- rschildren overhaul to replace the ugly vanilla children

- only a couple of houses try to spread them out a bit i use this guys buildable houses and the one in raven rock

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/6942439/?tb=mods&pUp=1

-other that a few utilities like jazonz utilities and the fixed smartlooter package (needed if your gonna use it), wearable lanterns realistic nights or foxes darker night and dungeons for a more enblike night and dungeon (good luck playing at night :P), revenge of the

enemies and animal tweaks if you want a challenge, and a few flavor mods you should be set

-afterwards bash patch, run fnis, and dual sheath patch.