too few vaults

SiNNeR

it also should be mentioned that the Enclave didnt acquire the information they needed from all of the vaults due to communication issues. this is why they were actively searching for and clearing some vaults, or at least what some evidence supports. though they had various other possible reasons that were also indirectly referenced.

I think it is also noteworthy that the Enclave was also being subjected to an inadvertent multi-generational experiment. While they were holed up wherever it was that they hid for two hundred years, collecting data from the Vaults, their entire group was forced to live in a cramped space, suffering from prolonged social and psychological claustrophobia + agoraphobia (given that outside their shelter it was a radioactive hellhole). That is, the Enclave that surfaced after the Apocalypse was not the same Enclave that went into their sheltered environment. Very likely, priorities have shifted, including a driving need to make the Enclave the ONLY survivors on the planet.

Consider that the Enclave scheme in FO3 was to sabotage Project Purity so that it selectively eliminated any and all mutants from the gene pool. But given that anyone born on the surface after the Apocalypse was in all likelihood, genetically mutated to at least some minor degree. Which means that the sabotaged Project Purity would have most likely poisoned 99+% of the people and creatures that inhabited the Capitol Wasteland.

the Enclave was primarily located on an oil rig but there were other locations.

Meh. That we know of.... The oil rig was off the West Coast. That goes kablooey and many years later a well-entrenched Enclave network of installations appear on the East Coast. There is a lot of irradiated continent in between West and East. Undoubtedly, the Enclave had its own sprawling network of Vaults scattered across the blasted landscape. Plus obviously some kind of networked communications between their installations throughout the intervening centuries. (Otherwise there wouldn't be a unified single Enclave, but rather a half-dozen different cells claiming that they were the "legitimate" Enclave.)

That goes kablooey and many years later a well-entrenched Enclave network of installations appear on the East Coast.

yes but both the Bro Hood and the KKK Enclave moved East and setup shop. the Enclave though had access to a lot better transportation though. it should also be mentioned that after the rig went to the moon that is when the individual groups set off on their own many being unaware of the others remaining existence. this is why the East coast branch believed the west coast was annihilated when in truth there are survivors all over. even after FO3 there are survivors on the east coast, albeit not very many.

There is a lot of irradiated continent in between West and East.

like i said the Bro Hood did it on foot and the Enclave has Vertibirds and possibly other means of transportation. on top of that the oil rig sent their people out all over the wasteland not just to west coast locations.

(Otherwise there wouldn't be a unified single Enclave, but rather a half-dozen different cells claiming that they were the "legitimate" Enclave.)

as i said above the smaller groups only came about after the rigs attempts at orbiting the planet.

Undoubtedly, the Enclave had its own sprawling network of Vaults scattered across the blasted landscape.

i believe this is covered in FOT with Vault 0 which implied there could be several more like it but more then likely not too many more.

That goes kablooey and many years later a well-entrenched Enclave network of installations appear on the East Coast.

yes but both the Bro Hood and the KKK Enclave moved East and setup shop. the Enclave though had access to a lot better transportation though. it should also be mentioned that after the rig went to the moon that is when the individual groups set off on their own many being unaware of the others remaining existence. this is why the East coast branch believed the west coast was annihilated when in truth there are survivors all over. even after FO3 there are survivors on the east coast, albeit not very many.

There is a lot of irradiated continent in between West and East.

like i said the Bro Hood did it on foot and the Enclave has Vertibirds and possibly other means of transportation. on top of that the oil rig sent their people out all over the wasteland not just to west coast locations.

Unlike the unified Enclave the BoS operates on a chapter system. The BoS operates on a policy system, but as we have seen in FO3, individual chapters can and do go rogue. The Enclave EVERYWHERE, otoh, seems to operate under a single purpose, with no interior divisions contending for control of the entire organization. As for the BoS "moving East", never happened. That is, no BoS chapter from the West Coast migrated to the East Coast. If I recall correctly, Lyons' chapter originated in Chicago, went to Pittsburgh, then settled in the DC Wasteland. I haven't gotten far enough into FO4 yet, but I believe that BoS presence in the Commonwealth are from yet another entirely different chapter. (DC Wasteland certainly didn't have the numbers to remain there AND project as much force into the CW that we see.)

It is a MUCH simpler conclusion that the Enclave already had East Coast facilities in place all along, and that its continental network had efficient communication between facilities to remain unified, even after the oil rig went orbital.

As for the BoS "moving East", never happened. That is, no BoS chapter from the West Coast migrated to the East Coast.

yes it did... Owen Lyons is from the West Coast.

If I recall correctly, Lyons' chapter originated in Chicago, went to Pittsburgh, then settled in the DC Wasteland.

you are partly right, Lyons chapter was formed from the West coast chapter and sent to Chicago to reunite the Midwestern Chapter (which is from FOT) they never found them. so instead of going back they kept moving east until they hit Pittsburgh and settled in DC.

I haven't gotten far enough into FO4 yet, but I believe that BoS presence in the Commonwealth are from yet another entirely different chapter.

the Bro Hood in FO4 is from the Capital Wasteland. they even state this in dialog and i believe the computer at the police station. also Arthur Maxson the current West Coast Chapter leader is from FO3. just like a couple other characters in FO4 like the follower Robert Joseph MacCready who was the mayor of Little Lamplight in FO3.

(DC Wasteland certainly didn't have the numbers to remain there AND project as much force into the CW that we see.)

with the water purifier running and the number of years that has past and

the changes Arthur put in place causing the Bro hood outcasts to rejoin

yes there would have been plenty of recruits. actually the Lone Wanderer is potentially alive at this point too... kinda sucks he doesnt show up.

It is a MUCH simpler conclusion that the Enclave already had East Coast facilities in place all along, and that its continental network had efficient communication between facilities to remain unified, even after the oil rig went orbital.

of course they did.... that's common knowledge as well as exactly what i said.

Edited by qwertyzeldar

Here's some food for thought. What if the nuclear war wasn't started by the Chinese? Or at least the Chinese government? Think about things for a minute, and let's discuss further about this. What if, the shortages that brought about the war before the nuclear bombs, was the result of not commercial use, but rather by Vault-tec, or a parent company, and because Vault-tec was into making vaults, they decided to create shortages in things, and when the results weren't right, the bombs fell?

the once planned Fallout movie would have revealed that Vault-Tec were indeed responsible for starting the war

Our Hero asks how the war started and is shocked to learn that it wasn’t China or North Korea or India that fired the first strike. The first nuclear bomb was launched by the creator of the vaults, a zealot businessman who wanted to fulfill his own prophecy of world annihilation. That first bomb triggered a panicked chain reaction among other countries, leading to a four hour WWIII.

making it a strong possibility for what they had planned for the official cannon

Edited by SiNNeR