Meltdown - This game is just F'n lazy!

Guest deleted2588518

I love this game too! In fact, this could be the best game I have ever played. And let me tell ya, I played the SHhhh out some SKYRIM! I dunno.. I don't understand most complaints about it? I've got well over 230 hours and I still haven't really done much of the missions lol! This is a game for those who need an escape for life. Maybe it's not for those hardcore achievement idiots whose only purpose is to rank in some pointless (even mythical) gaming channels. I seriously have nothing better to do than waste away in the wastes of FO4 while modding it so that it matches my perfect reality. But seriously if there weren't any mods I'd probably still enjoy it very much!

But yeah don't worry dude! You'll be able to mod the geck out this game soon enough! It will be an even larger modding base than Skyrim I guarantee it :D Cheers.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to fan the flames of discontent, because some things I view as flaws in FO4 are features that others love, and vice versa. The good news: almost anything that anyone doesn't like about it will eventually be correctable with (drum roll please)... mods.

For example, I loathe the dialog wheel and voiced protagonist (which between NoPlayerVoice and NewDialog, are pretty much fixed already). Regarding the original topic of this thread, I actually like the new leveling/perk system but I imagine once the CK is released it will be less daunting to tweak it to suit different tastes. In the interim, there are already mods that remove the level requirements for perks, which I think mitigates some of the issues previously mentioned. In FO3/FNV you could specialize in a particular skill right off the bat, and max it out by level 5 or so. With the level requirements for perks in FO4 removed, you can sort of simulate that same experience.

I love when people say that, because it's funny. It means they never played Mass Effect 1, an don't realize what the dialog "wheel" is. Pretty much it's a Bioware dialog. Which is funny, because anyone that played Mass Effect would remember it, that or it's later version The Old Republic. I don't mean to be rude, but just to explain. It presents a situation where people say something, an actually don't know what the f*#@ they are talking about. I don't really care, but I guess it makes me a bad person that I find that entertaining. The rest of your post was just cheating. Change too many of the rules or too much an *ahem* it's cheating, specially on a brand new game. o/

Comparing it to Mass Effect is not fair because ME was always like that. Fallout wasn't, not even in the original games - you always saw exactly what you would say and pictured the voice in your head. Stop comparing the two, it's not fair. And this comes from someone who LOVES ME2 - my favorite game ever. I must've played like 3k hours on my non-steam version. I need to finish my current playthrough...

And if people want to "cheat", why do you care? It's their game, not yours.

Edited by Jokerine

It's still a Bioware dialog system in the first fully voiced Fallout game. I care about cheating because the topic is about if the game is s***ty basically. If you want to say it's s***ty enough to make cheating an option to fix it, well I haven't thought about that yet.

The mass effect dialogue system was actually better. It supported between 2 and 8 options (with an investigation option that could lead onto up to 8 more) and I always knew what I was going to say. Fallout 4 is always 4 options whether 4 options are needed or not and the options are often vague. Fallout 4's is actually a lot closer in some ways to the horrible dialogue system from Alpha Protocol.

Edited by flamenx01

Urgh, figuratively... Where's Archer when we need him. These people right, saying that, like Fallout right? Whatever system that is is now Fallout like it or not. Which just happens to be very similar figuratively XD to mass effect 1.... † Jesus † It's almost like the last 20 years of progressive game development is zero sum, so let's just expect what a bunch of video game addicts pay for, from now on. *laughing* as I walk away.