3D MAX 2016

redfern123

There are no Fallout 4 niftools for 3ds Max or Blender yet. Also, there are no niftools for Max beyond version 2013 (unless they've recently released one that I am unaware of).

For nifskope you have to use the pre-alpha version. With that, you can export to obj, then import (non rigged) to Max, but there's no way to get it back in to game until niftools is developed.

Some people like Caliente and a few others have figured out how to do it on their own but that is beyond me.

I have tested that nif plugin for max and i was able to import and export a body mesh. It looks great in Nifskope, but in game it doesn't show up at all.

I have copied the original shader in nifskope and material and textures are OK, but no way.

Is there a trick to make it work in game or the plugin is not really working for the moment.

Thanks!

I have tested that nif plugin for max and i was able to import and export a body mesh. It looks great in Nifskope, but in game it doesn't show up at all.

I have copied the original shader in nifskope and material and textures are OK, but no way.

Is there a trick to make it work in game or the plugin is not really working for the moment.

Thanks!

The plugin isn't capable of making a NIF the game can read as of now because of new data, the only people who manage to get new meshes in are people that know a whole deal in programming.

I want my stuff in the game but its not gonna work unless you're a code monkey *le sign ...

I actually was able to import a new mesh in Fallout 4 using Bodyslide and Outfit studio that support obj import . But that solution is not fully satisfying as the obj file doesn't carry bone weight and you have to copy those weight in Outfit Studio. The bone copy weight of Outfit Studio doesn't give a really 100% good result and your mesh has some little problems.

So i wanted to test the new 3DS max plugin which has a partial Fallout 4 support. In Nifskope the mesh lokks perfect, but when you load it in game, it's invisible.

I thaught it was a shader or material problem, but no. It seems that the exported mesh contain some wrong data that the game can't use.

If someone has managed to use this plugin with succes i would be glad to know how to proceed.

Did you make a material file? Remember, Fallout 4 has something new in addition to textures and meshes called .bgsm and .bgem.

Use this -- http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3635/?

Max never exported materials correctly. I always had to block > copy and paste from a working file then change the file paths.

I have not tried the new plug-in so it may be that too.

I'm having the same problem as Kukipett. Everything looks fine in Nifskope, but wont show up in game. I've just had a look at the matierials but can't really figure out what to do with them. Could you maybe explain how to make a meterial file and use it, or use an existing material file?

I tested w/ fieldscribe armor mesh, edited it and managed to get the male mesh working in game. But the female mesh won't show up in game (fine in nifskope & outfit studio), although the shadow shows up . I edited the female exactly the same way with the male mesh.

Even if I don't modify it at all, only import to Max & then straight export it to nif, it's still invisible.

I also tried w/ harness mesh (Raider04), got the same problem. It's weird that the male mesh works just fine and female doesn't.

My friend told me that he managed to get stuff working using Outfit Studio, so he would modify the mesh (delete parts etc) in Max, and then export to nif, open in Outfit Studio, make simple changes if necessary, and then export to nif using Outfit Studio. I tried this so many times, but still can't get it to work.

I hope someone would share a solution soon :(