Honnie I'm home!

Methwyn

Maybe Shauns adopted, maybe you're a gay/lesbian couple! I found out its possible after a few not so easy steps..http://i.imgur.com/t4mjWAA.jpgI wanted to play a female character, and have their spouse also be female. In my first attempt the spouse had a male voice but i managed to fix that easily. This, in combination with using resurrection and follower commands, could mean that your spouse could follow you through-out the Wasteland of Fallout 4! Firstly you want to start a new game (Sorry!) and get to the character creation screen.

If you want your spouse to be female aswell as you, pick a male character and visa-versa if you wish to have both male. Before you click accept, edit your spouses appearance as this will be the only time you can do so! I gave mine shorter and black hair. Then you will want to switch back to the male character and press accept. Awesome! Your spouse is female. Now to fix you up. Open up the commandbox and click on your character, then type sexchange and press enter. Now you should both have female voices and be a lovely lesbian couple! But you want to be pretty too, right??! Type Showlooksmenu 14 to bring up the character creation screen for your character. I was having trouble with the camera, and used tfc 1 (another command) to get my camera in the right place before the looks command. Edit to your hearts content and viola! Done.

After some testing I'll edit this post to hopefully include how to get your custom spouse to travel with you through the Wasteland.

I presume the first time you used 'sexchange' on the spouse and they were stuck with the male voice. The only thing that I'd be worried about is using it on the PC character. It shouldn't cause any problems... _shouldn't_ but who knows. I'd hate to get to some quest at level 30 something and start having npcs refer to my character as 'he' suddenly. That would really grate. Or worse still, have their voice revert to male at some random point in the game for no good reason. This is Bethesda, there is previous form. ;)

It might be easier to do with FO4Edit. Maybe just swap Nate's voice for the female player voice and use your previous method. Or make bigger changes like both characters be female from the start. Or wait for the official CK which will make all of this a lot easier.

This isnt my cup of tea, but the relaxed attitude towards the LGBT(uhh well without the t) community is very fallout.

i guess having the bathroom mirror creation system kinda f*#@ed up that for them now you can never be fully gay you can just be bi at best if you choose to romance same sex companions.

ah but to be fair it's bisexuals who seem to be rare in most forms of media these days, characters are almost always straight or gay. in computer games bisexuals are mostly used just so they can be shagged by romanced by characters of either gender. perhaps Bethesda were making a deliberate statement in support of bisexuals by... no, sorry, they were just too lazy to make it quite that flexible

but if you want to roleplay homosexual without a mod you could always handwave your spouse as being a marriage of convenience for tax reasons or because you were in the closet (who knows how the pre-war Fallout culture felt about it?)

Well, I have no problems with LGBT, but in this case I still wonder why bother. You get like, half a dozen lines out of that spouse before they're shot in the face. Technically you're not even in the tutorial yet, it's part of an extended interactive game intro.

It seems to me like if you want to play a homosexual, you can imagine it's still the 50's (as per the game theme), when homosexuality was very much not OK in the USA, and you're married just for the sake of appearances. Possibly to a gal or guy who also isn't exactly into your gender.

Well, I have no problems with LGBT, but in this case I still wonder why bother. You get like, half a dozen lines out of that spouse before they're shot in the face. Technically you're not even in the tutorial yet, it's part of an extended interactive game intro.

It seems to me like if you want to play a homosexual, you can imagine it's still the 50's (as per the game theme), when homosexuality was very much not OK in the USA, and you're married just for the sake of appearances. Possibly to a gal or guy who also isn't exactly into your gender.

I take your point, but without going into lots of spoilers, the spouse gets mentioned and seen a fair bit during the main quest line. Even if they no longer have much of a role to play, their presence looms large throughout the game. I'm bi, so it doesn't bother me overmuch, but the level of heteronormativity in this game is way beyond anything seen in any previous Bethesda games I've played. I understand the 1950s theme they were going for, even if it was set in 2077, but still I'm pretty sure a lot of people would appreciate a mod that changed some of that.

Well, I suppose it makes sense for people who actually care about NPCs. Me, I fit in just fine with the BOS: the idea that an NPC could have feelings or meaningful relationships is an abomination of technology, that must not be allowed to exist :wink:

Well, now seriously, I never got into the whole "marrying an NPC"... scene. Nothing against those who do, but I like my relationships less shallow and scripted. It probably also doesn't helps that the scripting and dialogue are invariably extra heavy-handedly scripted.

Quoth a certain custom companion for NV: "Hey, want to ****?" Me: "Hey, want to get uninstalled?" :tongue:

The only times I went with the flow was just (A) to see how far they've scripted it, or (B) to abuse it for lulz, like having the whole Willow naked dance and sex on the stage at the Atomic Wrangler. And then forget about it and skip it entirely on subsequent playthroughs.

If there was one thing that irked me about the marriage in FO4 was that the game just gave me exactly what I AVOID in games, when I have the choice.

At any rate, I'm seriously beyond understanding why would someone put some modding work into it. But, don't get me wrong, it's their time, their choice what they spend it on.