Diamond City Gate

Isingalong2069

Hello all.

I was hoping someone could help me as i'm currently playing Fallout 4 and my character is now outside Diamond City but cannot enter as the screen says the big gate is inaccessible/blocked when left mouse button is pressed and Piper just stands there and says things like Diamond City biggest place in the Commonwealth,etc with no talking on the intercom to the guard inside.Also there is a computer to the right of the gate but this is set at advanced so cannot be accessed as yet as my character can only do novice hacking.
My character isn't one i created but another from a Nexus member as i liked the look of it due to it being level one to start just outside Vault 111 and only having the 10MM Pistol and the Cryolator.

I have seen on other forums thts you should hit the tilde key,use left mouse button on the gate and type unlock but nothing happens and also i have seen that you should hit the tilde key,click on Piper and type kill as this will do the job.No such luck.

I have also seen another posting that you should use a grenade on the truck near the gate and i have tried this as well as having a go witht he old trucks and cars in the parking area down the right side where the turret and Diamond City man is patrolling.
This doesn't stop me playing the game and i don't want to go back to the start unless i have to so i'm asking for any help that can be given.

Here are the mods that are installed as well as a screenshot of the pipboy.

try exiting conversation with the mayor before he is finished talking "just walk away" ...and RUN for the door then hide from him in the city. this is what i did when i couldn't enter diamond city.

if this doesn't work get the jump height mod! and jump in the game will load diamond city when you pass over the fence. good luck.

let me know if it works for you in your game!

he meets you at the city gates when you meet piper. try going back to an earlier save meet piper the guy with the hat is the mayor when he talks to you at the end before he finishes run for the gate... hope this helps you might want to check you're at the right gate i think there is only one though,good luck :wink:

Edited by snowstorm76

Thanks. ok so.

Piper is outside the city gates when the mayor comes to chat to her he comes out you chat to him then the gate will let you in.

if you don't talk to the mayor with piper the gate won't let you in...

it's a set piece to introduce the city.

well all the best whatever happens ;)

• 3 months later...

Thanks. ok so.

Piper is outside the city gates when the mayor comes to chat to her he comes out you chat to him then the gate will let you in.

if you don't talk to the mayor with piper the gate won't let you in...

it's a set piece to introduce the city.

well all the best whatever happens :wink:

OK I know this is a few months old and I've gotten through this part in the quest before w/o it glitching, but for some reason it's doing it to me this time. So as Isingalong has tried to get this same point across a couple times, let me try as well::

When you first approach the gate you're SUPPOSED to hear Piper arguing with Danny Sullivan, the guard over the intercom. She is standing outside of the gate ALONE (except for you obviously). If you try to talk to her she just gives you the canned answers about how Diamond City is the great green jewel of the commonwealth, nobody talks to anybody, blah, blah, blah. There are no dialog options. If you try to click on the gate, it just says inaccessible. The mayor never comes outside of that gate regardless of whether the quest is bugged or not. The ONLY way to get Piper and the mayor to have their little argument is she has to start by talking on the intercom. If she doesn't talk on the intercom, then neither of you tell them that you're a trader, the gate doesn't open, you can't get into the city, and she never has the talk with the mayor.

tl;dr - The talk w/ the mayor is the step AFTER the gate opens. This means squat if the gate never opens because she doesn't have the convo on the intercom first.

• 5 months later...
I'm making this a thing again with an addition. Can anyone find the specific script that initiates the conversation between piper and the intercom? Like the console command to execute it manually. Cause there's not really a workaround for it. Note that I wouldn't ask this if I could do it, I'm nowhere near skilled enough to do that.

On PC, there's two quick options with use of the console to get into Diamond City:

- type TMM 1 and that will show all map markers as active so you can fast travel anywhere you want.

- type coc diamondcityext or coc diamondcitymarketext and you'll be teleported to either place immediately.

Note that while playing in a regular way, when arriving at night at the gates of DC, Piper won't be there and you'll have to come back during daytime.

For the Jewel Of The Commonwealth quest I.D. you'll have to search through wikis and stuff...

Edited by JimmyRJump

MQ103

States:

10 Go to Diamond City

20 Find information about Shaun

25 Found information about Shaun

30 Go to Valentines Detective Agency

100 Quest complete - Trigger Unlikely Valentine

The problem is, the quest-stages wont force piper to react and it wont trigger the door. Because you need piper later in some quest-lines to be at a certain place. you can end up dead at this point.