Android EW Modding Tools

Bogdacutu

Try leaving them extracted. At least on the PC, the game expects to use "loose" files as well as ones in UPK "packages". As pointed out above, "obb" is just another form of packaging on top of that.

More than likely the "obb" file is using a different compression format than sewer's default. But Bogdacutu is the Android expert here.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Got it working, thanks. Tried it on another pc and for some reason it worked better there. I must have missed some step the first time.

I also found it easier to keep the ini tweaks the same size to avoid messing with the toc. Just delete some characters from a comment to keep the byte size the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Need some help modding. I followed all steps minus using FixTOC because it keep crash game but doesn't seem like modes a working. I only did edits to the core.ini and none of the edits seem to work. I'm in the U.S so what is the correct region file to edit? So far I did a edit under DEU

• 5 months later...

Everything worked perfectly nice for me, from sewer to decryptorã¡encryptor under note5 device, even recompressing into obb without removing the COALESCED_INT folder extracted from the .bin file from same name.

Now for key settings they left voluntarily in the xcomgame readable .ini files its all ok, without trying to modifying things that wont make sense for the api.

These tweakings helps you have a 50 damage simple pistol, a movable sniper squaddie, reorder perks in the soldiers tree or other quite funny stuff, buy in order to build something serious one would perhaps love to have access to the behavior of things, classes, logics. I still dont get how to make things human-editable, as well as manage to preview any kind of texture.

Is all this only editable in UE the monster?

If someone has even just a clue, i didny get it, from that forum or other places, a neat modding of the android version would be nice to forge somehow, i dont see xcom losing popularity yet

Thx 4 advise~

• 1 year later...
Anybody still doing mods or work for this? I doo not have a pc anymore and now i am forced to play on my nvidia shield android tv. Like this game but even easy mode is frustrating. I would love to find someone who has added mods or tweaks into their android version of the game that I could possibly download. Thanks.