Were to find bottle caps in inventory so I can drop or transfer them like other items

Grizwald714

I am a fan of realism so I was gonna download a mod that gave bottle caps weight. The problem however is that I can't find them in any inventory category in my pipboy or when I transfer things to a container. Since I would store most of my bottle caps in a safe if they had weight. So Am I blind and completely missed them in my inventory I'm not just talking about how many I have like at the bottom of the screen but in the regular item list. or is their a mod I can download that will make them an item in my inventory that I can drop or transfer like any other item.

If I recall correctly, when your settlements produce caps, you find them in the Misc section of the workbench Inventory. HOWEVER, I don't recall caps being a line item in the player's Inventory. The current total is just shown as a running total at the bottom of the Inventory screen. That is, if I am recalling correctly, you can't put caps down, outside of spending them. [i could be utterly wrong on that account.]

• 3 years later...

No, now I remember giving caps to Cait and Piper before, but I can't find them either now.

I am using AAF and some adult mods. So... My "ladies" made me over a million caps from their hard work but I got hit by a mini-nuke and violated when my health dropped. By the time I recovered the loot (mod quest) I got 66k back. I wanna use the safe too now.

Wondering if this was taken out in an update. I am sure I am not thinking of F3 or FNV.

Wow, that's some necro, if there ever was one.

No, there aren't any visible or transferable caps in the player inventory. Never have been, far as I remember. They only show up in workbenches under MISC, if the settlements earn them. Also in NPCs inventories.

Edited by cossayos