A question about Dragonborn

murderface8

After seeing literally all of Fallout 4, I'm going back to Tamriel.

Wanted to know if anyone has yet modded a fix for the final battle with Miraak?

The ghosting, not dying, annoying ass bug that bethesda refuses to ever patch ever.

I'm coming back after nearly a year, and have no idea what big and innovative mods have happened over the last year.

Suggestions are welcome.

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch does some fixes to it, as did Unofficial Dragonborn Patch before it.

The problem arises from striking him with a Legendary Sword of Smithabuse +NaN or some other massive damage attack and doing too much damage for the stage progression of the fight to work.

Well the thing is that the Miraak fight isn't just broken. It's shattered. If you don't damage Miraak so fast that you break the quest stage triggers, you might be absorbing the dragon souls that Miraak is supposed to have absorbed, and if you're not doing that, you might be teleporting out of bounds--and that's in addition to other glitches patched by Unofficial Dragonborn Patch. The problem is that the coding is so full of holes that all sorts of dumb s#*! breaks it, and that means there's really no simple one-stop fix. For most people, having the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch installed and being careful not to kill Miraak too fast (lol) is enough but depending on what mods you have, there may not even be a fix. If necessary, you can use console to force your way past broken quest stages, which unfortunately means skipping most of the dlc's crowning boss battle, but I guess that's still better than sitting there staring at ghost miraak for eternity.