⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Accept Harkon's gift or not?

pgir001

My whole issue with being a Vampire is that if feels tacked on. An after thought. As I mentioned in the OP. You have on one hand, the Nature of the Dov. In your conversation with Parturnaax, you discuss that nature which is domination. Alduin took domination as his birthright and all Dov have this and the Dovahkiin is no exception. Now combine this with the blood from the Daedric Lord of Domination, and you get what should be the ultimate creature for domination in all of Tamriel. Yet, you run around doing everyone else's bidding, hiding the fact that you are a Vampire because someone might see it. Where's the domination? And I don't mean racking up bounties. I would think someone of that kind of nature would want to establish his/her own Empire.

Well...you are talking about two different things actually. Vampirism that might be tacked on as an afterthought (Which is why I use an overhaul) and then the fact that the Dovakiin runs around doing errands. Vampire or no, you'd still be..well used I suppose.

Game and story segregation. For example, in the Vile Lair add-on in Oblivion, you could get your own Dark Minion whom you could theoretically send out to kill people. However, the Minion just "kills" people off-screen. In other words, the Minion will not actually kill any named NPCs and thus make certain Dark Brotherhood quests easier (ones that are difficult to accomplish without accruing a bounty, such as killing law enforcement).

• 4 weeks later...

As a heavy roleplayer, it's been hard to me. I've been thinking - "by the Eight, what to do, what to do, what to do? If I accept my friends at Dawnguard will kill me! If I reject, this guys can kill me this very instant! Holy crap!

While in heavy role play mode, you can take some comfort knowing that if things get too rough, a horde of My Little Ponies can swoop in and set things right. Ringworld will be set spinning in a stable orbit and Aragon will occupy the throne of Gondor. Sort of a win-win-win situation.

I don't like his attitude about pre existing vampires, hes no highborn vampire by birth, no such think in skyrim, unless you want metaphorical rebirth, the death crd, but you got no great enlightenment.

A king yes, true enough he can say piss-ant peasant if he likes but save the you are prey comment when dealing with someone who is humoring you and could wipe out your whole castle in 3 min if he was of a bugardly dawnguard mindset too.

molog did not give you all that much, killing 1000 and the Armand cult stuff should have done it but he had to do your wife and daughter to, and you were ok with that, no royal pride or honor. You are no true king, and make a poor devil.

My character is a hero that is also a straight up villain, but he has more honor than that, if it came to that I would find another patron god.

Lets see buddy think I'll take your gift, via mod marry your daughter, lead your clan, inherit your castle, and kill you!

Want to think your using me to get the bloody grail of molog? sure, I'll play...but if I had Able Nightroad like feeding from better vampires by that point I would not do you the honor of true combat, like the noble durnaver, or however you spell his name...I would just eat you...be like shut up your food.

My character is like a dova on two legs.