Making vanilla npcs essential w tes5edit

Deleted21550714User

In-between installed skyrim. Reinstalling tonight when i have good dl speed. I want to go into tes5edit and make a few npcs essential so that i can get away from scripring mods such as Run 4 your lifes and When blood suckers attack. Dont need those mods scripting all npcs when im only worried about a few npcs. My concern w those mods is that i will be running mods that a alot of npcs to the very thin skyrim world such as.. inconsequential npcs, etac,and my new favorite tpos ultimate. Can i use tes5edit to do this? Thanks

Try this instead. It saves you the trouble and is good for the health of your fingers :wink:

It even has patches for Inconsequential NPCs and Interesting NPCs + no scripts.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53602/?

ETAC has its own patch for my mod on their site. If you still want to do it by hand and only edit a few NPCs it's ofc. doable. Just target an NPC actor entry in Tes5Edit and edit the ACBS actor values, set the flag to essential.

Edited by blattgeist

I'd just do it in CK. All you have to do is type the name of the NPC you want in the object window, click on them, and then check "Essential" in their editing window. Save the plugin and behold, you have created a mod.

not sure that would be easier than tes5edit, been modding 7 months, went into CK only once. Truth is im just now really getting to know the complete ins and outs of tes5edit. Either way, appretiate solid info.

I timed myself. It takes eight seconds and four mouse clicks to set a character to essential in CK.

well poop, thats a pretty strong case your making. The natural progression of things has me going into the CK sooner or later, food for thought on my end. Been playing skyrim for year now, since april on the puter. 1st mod i had thought i would create,knowing at beginning i would be limited, was a mod that made those damn bears not scream at me. Fury f'ers are loud man. Thanks Challenger.. p.s. im going to time it when i go in there and hold you to that 8 seconds... Edited by Guest